Ranked Racing - The future

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GooseCreature, Aug 5, 2021.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure someone has mentioned this before, my memory is so bad it could well have been me! :rolleyes:
    Was in the F4 at Sepang I think and all started so well, was in the top 5 but on lap 2, 2 cars fighting ahead clashed, veered right and wiped me out, suspension shot. So I dawdled back to pits, cocked everything up as there was a pit pre-set active from a race the night before, so by the time I got back out the race was almost over and of course I was penalised heavily. My point (yes I have one) is, if someone sustains damage enough for them to have to pit for repairs, would it not make sense to cut the penalty by 50%, else what point is there staying in the race, may as well just quit out and move on but if by staying in and going through the soul sucking twiddling of thumbs in the pits and then finishing the race alone I could halve my penalty (that was no fault of my own) maybe more people would be inclined to hang around in the race and wreckers would soon get bored. Having no way back of losing a raft of ranking because of someone else's impatience etc. seems a bit mean. Just a thought!

• Agree Agree x 3