Problem ranking system

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by daGrande1, Feb 9, 2020.

1. daGrande1

daGrande1 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i know its a beta-version. imo its a little random. for example: my reputation is 91,6, po2 1364, then i drive in 2 races. first in zolder startpos 2, race in betweentime pos 6 in the end podium pl 2.
    second race nordschleife, startpos 2, endpos 6. two clean races, without fouls against the opponents,
    but in the ranking i lost more then 1000 places and 6 rep.points. imo its not fair. regards

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    maybe you havent driven enough races for your ratings to stabalise i believe , it also will depend on your competition what you score, you are also ranked on loss of control , and off track moments......
    also other ppl are racing at the same time so you move up and down even when you dont race

Andi

3. Luís de Gomes

Luís de Gomes Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I would say that you need at least 20 to 30 ranked races to determine your ranking.

4. daGrande1

daGrande1 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hi. i have around 160 races. regards

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    whats your user name in game

Andi

6. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Found your game account and it just appears you are hovering in the ranking score values where most of the players are.

You always have few players with high score, few players with low scores, and a LOT of players with middle values.

I've looked at your races and your score doesn't really fluctuate by much, but since you're in that area, it means that you jump positions quite a lot every time, even if you only gained or lost a couple points.

7. y2kfred

y2kfred Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I also have a Problem with the rating.

I have not played for 2 weeks now.

However i stopped with about 1560 an sa rating of 93 ranked about 300-400
    Now I have a rating about 1450, sa 73 and rank 4200.

What has happend?

8. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    You just seem to have lost a lot of rating in your last races.
    upload_2020-2-12_21-24-40.png

9. y2kfred

y2kfred Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Ok,
    I think I can remember - I had some troubles with my VR.
    However I made more or less 48relativ average races before.
    5 bad races in 90 minutes and I can stop trying to get a good rating forever - that's hard.

10. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I doubt whether it`ll be forever. I`m sure the ratings will be reset several times before V1.0.

11. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    We do not intend to reset ratings. In fact we'll try very hard not to. Unless there's been some massive issue that would invalidate all previous results, there's no reason to treat the results on ranked servers as invalid.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Everyone experiencing these huge changes in their ranking score (not talking about reputation) should also remember that one of the main factors in the calculations is who you're driving against. If you're beaten by opponents who have a significantly lower ranking score than yours, your score will decrease more than when you're driving against opponents that have a similar or higher ranking than you do.

So right now, because there is no grouping/matchmaking happening on these test servers, there's always a chance that you're driving against users with a significantly lower score than yours and if you finish behind them, your score will decrease more. Looking at these score changes J-F posted, this seems to have been exactly what has happened to @y2kfred.

Once there is a matchmaking/grouping system, this should be less of a problem, cause then you should always be grouped against opponents of roughly the same level and even if you finish very low, it won't have the same kind of impact on your ranking.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  13. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Strange things happening. I had 11 races and a 1539 ranking, then did two races today (GTR4 at Spa, where I was alone at the track but in the results there was a second place DNF, and GTR3 at Most, where I finished 6th but in the result screen it showed "running" and last place). But races were not updated, and now even the last 4 races were voided, the ranking now shows 7 races and a 1526 ranking. How can this happen?

Edit: now it´s again 11 races, but the reputation shows N/A instead of the 84.1 before???

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  14. Luís de Gomes

Luís de Gomes Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    We are doing some changes. Please be patient.

Thanks

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I understand. Just wanted to make sure that possible issues are adressed. Can we know what these changes are about and if they are finished?
    Maybe the team has not considered other side effects - i.e. that users want to "appeal" against questionable ranking steps.;)

16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    There are no plans for an appeal function afaIk. If the system works the way it should, there should be no need for one. If anything doesn't work the way it should, it's a bug and shall be fixed. Everything beyond that is racing, with all its moments of glory, and failure. :cool:

The ranking system is constantly being worked on, and most of those changes are incremental fine-tunings. Some of these changes make it necessary for the backend system to reprocess all the results it has gathered so far, and that's what happened over the past days. As long as there's no hardware failures, no result will be lost.

17. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert
    Not trying to put any bad ju ju out there but.........
    As long as there's no hardware failures, no result will be lost.:oops::coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:
    I would imagine that backups are mandatory for the info on the server end

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon just a technical question regarding how the rating is penalized if you ram intentionally other cars.
    As a premise, I don't want to retaliate this chap , at the end of the day this is a game and we should not take this too seriously.
    So this guy Kimi Räikkönen waited a lap to ram me and then he got disqualified
    He has only one race and he has 56.2 as reputation so I need to assume he went from 100 to 56.2 and in terms of incidents it counted as more than 30 .

Is this what happened?

19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No need to worry about jinxing. ;)
    Of course there are safety nets, so when I wrote failures, I meant the highly unlikely case of all those systems failing at once. Just wanted to point out that it isn't impossible, we've all seen things coincide in the most unfortunate fashions, but it is a very slim chance and if nothing goes horribly wrong, no results will go lost or unaccounted. :)

20. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Incident points are not equal to reputation points. So gaining 30 points in a race does not mean your rep drops by 30. It's more complicated than that and putting it simply averages out your safety over time to arrive at your rating. The guy who was a rammer.....it's likely that if he does this sort of thing he does it often, and as a result his reputation will drop by a lot. It does not have much consequence at the moment as there are no limits to who can enter a race.....that will probably change as the entire rank system evolves.

If you personally drive safely, and professionally, even if you get hit now and again your rating will not suffer massively. The more races you do, the more accurate your rank will be and one bad race will not cause the average to change by much.

Have fun out there, race hard but fair and you will not go far wrong

• Like Like x 4