Question Ranking

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Tell me were I find info on ranking/class etc on how RR/Drivers works it.
    "Nash"

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
  3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I looked for my name over "Multiplayer Rating" and didn't see it. I have never played on ranked servers. I do leaderboard, AI and multiplayer of tracks and cars that I use. If I understand it right. Time Attack and learderboard are the same. You have to play on "rank servers" to be ranked. I don't see my name in the ranking over at
    game.raceroom/multiplayer/rating. So, how did I get "D" ranked by not playing on ranked servers? If I'm ranked, what is my ranking and where?
    "Nash"

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Your D rank is based on your performance on time attack competitions.

5. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    If I'm ranked, what is my ranking and where?
    I don't see my name in the ranking over at
    http://game.raceroom.com/multiplayer-rating/30.html
    Am I # 1 in the "D" or am I # 14757 in the "D" class.
    As I understand it, you can win 500 races or so in mulitplayer, That doesn't mean Jack.

"Nash"

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  6. XanderSJX

XanderSJX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nash,
    There are 2 different rankings:
    1) D rank that you have is rank you get based on your results in competitions: http://game.raceroom.com/competitions/
    2) Multiplayer ranking is based on your driving in multiplayer servers marked with "RANKED" in server name. This one is not affected by you driving in any multiplayer server which is not official and marked with "RANKED" in name. As you said you didn't drive any RANKED servers, you can't find yourself there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Hey! I have NEVER done Competitions or Multiplayer Ranked. Only non-ranked multiplayer and leaderboard. Somewhere in RR should be a number in "D" class with my name on it where I am placed in "D" class. Showing maybe how far I have to go to be promoted to "C" class. Some RR computer somewhere figure a number like 567 or so for Leaderboard/Time Attack in ratings/ranking. I'm asking where is it if not on the Multiplayer Ranked page. Maybe taking my average of all my leaderboard stats in all the tracks and cars I competed in. Like Stowe Short Silhouette series R51 (all) I am ranked # 55 & at RR Raceway GP Silhouette Series R51 (all) I am ranked # 144 etc in Leaderboard. RR computers get all that info up, average it out and say this is Nash's ranking. So that number falls in the "D" class. I can see how far I have to go to reach "C" class in Leaderboard/TA. I guess and only a guess that the computer gave me the "D" because that the only place I like to compete. Maybe the number of laps I put in or the number of ghosts I have chased. I am only shooting in the dark how RR figured my "D". Can you help me out.

"Nash"

8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The Time Attack Rankings are distributed as follows:
    • A ( top 10% of ranked players )
    • B ( from top 10% to top 30% of ranked players )
    • C ( from top 30% to top 60% of ranked players )
    • D ( from 60% to 100% of ranked players )
    So your average competition results are somewhere between 60% and 100% of all competition participants. The exact numbers aren't being shown.

If you want to reach rank C, you could participate in a few competitions and try to beat at least half of the other competition participants. The ranking isn't immediately updated, though. New rankings are calculated every few months.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Leaderboards don't affect your Time attack ranking. Only competitions (these ones: http://game.raceroom.com/competitions/) count towards it. Could it be you accidentally clicked some competition to see what's going on and set a slow lap time? Anyway, taking part in these is the only way to increase your Time attack rating.

10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    BTW, am I right to guess that your results in a competition only affect your rating after this competition is over? Or does the system also look at ongoing competitions too?

11. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Maskerader, I remembered I DID do a couple of leaderboard runs in "Competitions". There was no "accidentally clicked" to it. I was looking around and saw the word "Leaderboard" on that Moscow and one on a German track. I wanted something different to try about a month back. I totally forgot that. I was not very good because I had never been on them before. Forgive me guys. Majuh, So if a driver finishes in the top half of the competition of "Competitions" a driver should move up in the ranks if I understand you correctly. So don't worry about the exact numbers.
    Maskerader, are you saying that leaderboard in these"Competitions" means Time Attack? So go into "Competitions" to increase ratings/rankings.

Thanks
    "Nash"

12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Not exactly. That letter (A to D) you see on your profile is your average performance across all your competition results for the last several months. (Or a year? I don't know.)

Top 10% drivers get rank A;
    from 10% to 30% get rank B;
    from 30% to 60% get rank C;
    below 60% get rank D.

I'm not sure if it averages your exact places in each competition and then assigns you your rank, or if it gives you a ranking for each one and then averages these letters it up, but anyway, do these competitions and your ranking will eventually get in line with your actual speed.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  13. XanderSJX

XanderSJX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ^ Just checked on "My profile" page, when having mouse over "Time attack division" it gives details as: "Based on last 10 results in ranked competitions".

@Nash Bobo , if you go to http://game.raceroom.com/ and log in with your steam account, you can see all competitions you entered and best laps that you have done. If your name is same as here I think I found you, it looks like D is calculated even based on still running competitions as I see you entered only 2 still open and you have D rank. So if you go back to any of competitions you already drove and try to improve time maybe you can see change.

14. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Profile1.JPG

Now that's a page I can use Xandersjx. It shows the work I have to do. I been using the page above.

Thanks
    "Nash"

15. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Why does one profile page show more info than the other?

16. XanderSJX

XanderSJX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Which pages are you comparing? "My profile" page and?

17. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
  18. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    It should be effectively the same page. You can scroll the page down in-game too, just like in your browser.