Rant Time........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldFart, Oct 13, 2019.

1. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    So fairly recently a popular server went off line after a couple of days I hosted a same game layout with the idea if the other server returned I would take mine down, It has not so I have hosted it for 12 plus hours daily since, the dame faces plus more use it as before, regularly seeing 20 plus and often over 30. So why the rant.... the idiots that ruin it for the many almost every time. tonight for example a full server total carnage within seconds...I get it it is a open server what do I expect... for one... a way to ban the consent offenders, from the server screen I can while in game; as when the race is finished the player list is gone, and it is only fair I look back at the replay first from the different views. If banned from one server they will just move to another. In order to fully support the server I had to allocate 25mbs upload to guarantee a good experience for all ( a full grid is a constant 22mbs ). So now the second obviously popular content server is going to stop. Until more tools are available to control the few I for one will only host private in future. There are few enough open severs as it is compared to other sims.

Rant over

2. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    You can blacklist them ?

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure I understand your issue. Using the replay you can find out the in-game name of these disrespectful drivers. Then, using the results file generated by the server, you can use their in-game name to find their actual username. You can then input this username as the "User Portal Name" in the ban section of your server to prevent them joining any of your events ever again, unless they make a whole new R3E account.

I know this works because I've tested it by banning myself from my own server. :)

4. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your reply I was unaware of the process you describe and will look into it

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    If they join your server there IP show's up then you can Ban them that way

• Informative Informative x 1