RE3 review - A year and 16k km later.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spyshagg, Sep 21, 2016.

1. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hello gents.

The collective experience of my 4 billion neurons or so (the other 80 billion are partial to boobs and stuff), over 17 years, have something to say about this game.

Firstly, Development is evidently driven not by paying end-users (us) feedback, but by some very strict people with curly mustaches whose definition of state-of-the-art is an exotic equation on spreadsheets. The points I will bring about will in all likelihood not be addressed as they bring no returns on raceroom saloons across race days.

With this out of the way, let me begin with The stuff around the main game

Everything wrong with Replays:

Everything wrong with Multiplayer

Everything wrong with Leaderboards

Everything wrong with interfacing (wheels screens etc)

These are the things that really stick to the sore eye. Most of them are related to how you interface with the game, which by the way is what gaming is all about.

cheers

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  2. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello Spyshagg,

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I'm taking down a bunch of notes.
    I will just address a few of your comments here:

This in particular is a bug that will be fixed in our next update.

We do allow server admins to choose between the slow-down penalties, drive through penalties and stop & go penalties. It seems however that most servers are set up to use the slow-down penalties. My guess is that this is done due to many players instantly resigning as soon as they receive one of these penalties. Of course, adding a couple of warnings for minor cuts may soften the blow of this.

You'll be happy to find that the silhouettes are receiving new cameras in the next patch then! Eventually all cars should have the same range of cameras available to them.

Replays may be renamed in the replay section of the game.

• Like Like x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    That's good to know, thank you very much.

4. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    re-watching the video I made yesterday (that prompted this topic), the wheel doesn't appear to turn more than 270º If I am not mistaken

jump to 11minutes and 45 seconds

cheers

5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    That made me rofl , man, thx a lot...and all in all a good example of constructive criticism...:)
    (Last point is an issue in all areas of business/ namely the entertaining industry unfortunately)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    To get a "fully" steering wheel animation in R3E is needed to set animation driver in only steering wheel, old cars only have an 180º by side (similar to iRacing) and cars with new animation have more degrees.

7. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I see. Its good to know thank you. It breaks the realism we try to accomplish in the videos but i now understand the limitation is tied to the driver animation.