Real or not?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikey james, May 23, 2015.

1. mikey james

mikey james Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yeah - it looks very real... A bit sad for a G27-Successor that it seems to have a clear focus on the PS4. The shifter seems to be sold separately as the typical controller-buttons moved from the shifter to the wheel.

Everything Looks like a reaction from Logitech that the older Wheels aren't compatible to the PS4 so that it is now a mixture of the DFGT and the G27.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I'm a big fan of Logitech I have the G27 which is excellent but sadly, for me if this is real, it won't be something I'll even think about getting. Looks clustered, bulky, small and generally horrible. The base does indeed look like a G25/G27 base which leads me to believe that there will be no significant improvement over the G27 feel or build quality (I had to replace my optical encoder wheel, cheep plastic garbage with beautiful shiny brass).
    I truely hope it's fake but, that second photo of the office certainly appears to show that same G29 box. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I agree with @Ronin_GTDave - as I commented on VirtualR, this wheel looks like the result of Logitech raiding their own parts bin for ideas. The hub of the wheel is, well.....a clusterfuck of disjointed design and poorly placed buttons surrounded by a weird-looking rim of questionable quality materials. This looks set to be the wheel that ergonomics forgot.

Such a shame if this is the long-awaited product Logitech fans have been waiting for.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. mikey james

mikey james Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
  6. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Bah..DFGT was also officialy licensed for PS3 and GT5 but it didnt stop Logitech from releasing pc drivers.We will see.

• Agree Agree x 1