Realistic seat position (height + tilt)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HomieFFM, Nov 13, 2019.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
  2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
  3. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Delete file uvm

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    What does it contains? Will be there more settings set to default when deleting this file?

5. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Example: Nissan GT-R GT3.uvm

[GENERAL]
    CreatedBy="Player1"
    Car="Nissan GT-R GT3"

[UNIVERSAL CAR SETTINGS]
    UVM_SEATPOSITION_HEIGHT=0.135619
    UVM_SEATPOSITION_DEPTH=-0.124974
    UVM_FFB_MULTIPLIER=1.500000

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, it is at least something but to be honest, it is a bit weird that I have to alter game files to reset a seat position... :confused:

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    This is crazy that we can tilt seat with triples ! I sit in the GT3R Porsche and i can see 3/4 of the in game dash behind my SimHub dash ! Really silly , all other sims i can tilt my seat to get everything lined up perfectly except R3E ! I now have nearing $200 wasted because i use triple in a racing Sim ! Why don't they allow tilt ! I have all the buttons mapped , the cockpit shift (whatever its called in the triple mapping part) but all that does is move the eye point and makes the dash bend because the game thinks my eyes aren't in the center of my screen !
    I have left R3E since getting triples but keep getting people tell me to jump back in , so tonight i try , doing all the things people recommended but its useless ! Really pissed to be honest !!!!

8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you shoud start a petition on that problem for Triple screen support,i only have one monitor!
    Duno if it is technical possible to fix that....
    Good luck and a open ear to Sector3 Devs.

9. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I'm here to vote for a tilt seat option as well. It is really needed. You can tilt the seat but only when using a single screen.
    There are a whole lot users using a triple setup.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I finally found a thread from 7 years ago that shows how to tilt the camera through the files! It's ridiculously tedious (degrees in radius, sin, cos and tan bs, gotta relearn 10th grade math but it is certainly doable.
    Really quite annoying that it's not a limitation but simply left out by the Devs, probably because we are few in numbers! But I paid a lot of money for my R3E content so I guess imma make a little noise in the hope they listen and make the buttons actually work for us triples folk.
    @Bull Shark I'll link it here https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/cockpit-camera-tweaks.76560/#post-3146527

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that is what I told on the Reiza forum. You can tilt the seat by altering the game files on a per car base. But that is no doable for me. I don’t want to quit the game, edit a file, fire up the game again and discover I have set it to a high value so you have to start over again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Agree it's a pita but at least I know now it's doable! I did it for the old Porsche and now I can drive that car, I need to move the seat across to the right a cm or so next and it will be perfect. Only 100 odd cars to go! It needs to come i a update asap! I put in my opinion in the April update thread! I doubt it will happen but put you name there also! More people more pressure and all that. https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/april-update.14700/page-2#post-200083

13. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Done.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
  15. zazadj

zazadj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    https://share.icloud.com/photos/030a9EtWLpt6xOUg_ttv4PRLA#Ascona
    https://share.icloud.com/photos/05HL2mAw3hKv96pYMWuObtcQA#Ascona
    very useful info, with my Trhustmaster tmx I was able to replicate this system, I have a lot of FoV at 0.6, and I am 55 cm from the screen, good view on the sides for entering corners and a good sense of speed, I only had difficulty with the Mercedes for the steering wheel too long, and the Bentley, I was really too low and I adjusted by going all the way back and adjusting the height according to the ears of the seat, an optimal result even so, then the sense of speed changes a lot from car to car, Mercedes like the meclaren year windshield very squashed so it seems to go slightly stronger than the Porsche. I attach two videos sorry it is not easy to drive and shoot. I will take photos as soon as I can

16. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    There seems something wrong,as i have a arithmetical FOV of 0,6 too with a screen distance of 85 cm on a 49 inch monitor.o_O

17. zazadj

zazadj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am on an asus 27 "monitor and I have a 55 cm sistance, on the fov calculator from 0.6, once in the car I press the reset cockpit and from there I adjust the steering wheel alignment and seat height. and I have more or less the same view with fov 37 on Assetto corsa
    ASUS TUF Gaming VG27VQ (27", 1920 x 1080) 165hz curved

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  18. Alex Schubnel

Alex Schubnel New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone, in order to have a bigger FOV, I brought my triple 32 "closer to 53cm from my eyes and the screens are higher than above the bottom edge of the monitor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i wanted to know if he had a method to calculate tilt?

many thx