Question Realistic Simulated Steering Effort

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by f1jon, Apr 10, 2020.

1. f1jon

f1jon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Since I've never driven an actual race car, I've been wondering what the steering effort would feel like. I'm using a Thrustmaster T150 with Control Panel gain settings set to default (but wheel rotation set to 1080?). When using the Race Room default controller setting for the T150, the wheel does take an effort to turn. While this may be a good forearm workout, I'm wondering if this is an accurate simulation? The effort seems the same whether driving the Aquilla CR1 or Formula RR Junior cars. I've since dialed back the overall FFB to make steering easier but I still want to be realistic.

Jon

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  2. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @f1jon FFB is really a tough subject as to how you want to feel certain things. Some people like a heavy wheel (harder to turn) some like it the other way. But as far as realism goes that is more on the side of Immersion. You should try the default set up for your wheel in game settings and try adjusting the OVER ALL forces in the set up screen (top right corner) while in the pits. It is actually a multiplier that you can adjust PER CAR. So every time you use X car it will feel the same as the last time. Then if you set up Z car it will feel like what you want Z car to be.