Recommend Heatset?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Metalogic, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW I'm currently trying out the free version of the Razer Surround software to enable virtual 7.1 audio on my existing Pioneer headphones - seems to work well, though I need to use it more to see if it really makes a worthwhile difference.

2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    These are definitely going on my shortlist. They have good reviews and are in my price range. Not too bothered about them not being wireless.

3. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I've had good luck with the yapster headphones from Amazon. They have really good sound, nice base, clear highs. And an exceptional mic. Under $20 U.S. They tend to be delicate. I bought three sets the first time. For me and my 2 sons. My youngest broke his in about 6months. My oldest's lasted a couple of years as did mine. But at 20 bucks a pop so what? I Keep buying them because of their sound as I also use them for listening to music.
    And they are very comfortable, because they sit over the ear instead of on your ears. I've worn mine for several hours at a time without any discomfort. I Highly recommend them. I don't use anything else any more. Just do a search for yapster in Amazon.

4. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    @pixeljetstream and @c3lix - I have a question about the Teufel Aureo Real headphones - I understand that these come with two removable cables - a 1m one with a 3.5mm jack and a 3m one with a 1/4" jack - my headphone amp/DAC only has a 3.5mm input, but I don't think 1m will be long enough to reach it when racing, so I was wondering, can you you use any 3rd party stereo 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable with these headphones, i.e. could I just buy a longer 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable? I don't want to use a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter as the weight of it will put too much strain on the socket.

e.g. would this cable work (there is a 2 metre version)?: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hi-Fi-Omaker-Optimum-Combination-Stereo/dp/B018VVTMGW

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  5. SickwititHD

SickwititHD Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    So I have a question about voice Chat.... How do you do it. I'm new to R3E and I have a good headset and I've seen and know how to do regular chat by keyboard but I don't know how to do voice chat? I've searched the forum and have not found the topic. I'm not even sure if this support voice chat, but I'm researching for a race league I'm in (www.seetheair.com) as we require some form of communication during league races. Any information provided would be helpful.. thanks!

6. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    There is no voice chat in a game, but you can use program like Teamspeak or Discord

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SickwititHD

SickwititHD Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the quick response.... I have heard of teamspeak... Ill look into that... thanks!