Question Recorded footage stutters badly

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Balrog, Jul 6, 2017.

1. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    ok 20$ is a different story :) damn. Capture cards are in Europe expensive as well, hm, but probably the best solution without influencing the GPU at all

thx

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. I've bought a GTX 1060 recently and finally had the time to test its capabilities properly. It is a significant improvement from the 960 with DX11+ titles like AC, rF2 DX11 Beta, Forza 6-7...etc. ...But not so much in terms of DX9 games (it runs R3E and ETS2 only slightly better - kinda confirms that DX9 can't even utilize these newer cards efficently).

But the annoying thing is, the stuttering in my recorded footage is still there.:D And it seems that the DX9 titles suffer from this more - the card is capable of recording the Forza 7 demo in 2K with DSR enabled and the end result is more consistent than a recorded race from R3E or AMS. Strange...

3. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    My GTX 960 is stuttering from time to time as well. I think there are two types of stuttering. Currently I set the game to vsync and in the Nvidia control panel I have chosen the fast synchronization for RaceRoom. In the past I have tried any combination with the synchronisation. Sometimes I really observe heavy stuttering during replays especially in quick replays. When I restart the game it's gone. Compared to other games I always see some little micro stuttering during replays, it never looks really fluid. As long as this occurrences there is no need for me to buy new hardware :) My old 4core CPU probably handles directx9 Games better than the new ones with 8 cores lol. I have never found a real solid solution to stop this micro stuttering

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes motion blur can cause stuttering.

5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @Balrog Can you tell us what codec you are using to record in or whether you are using the NVENC or CPU option.

I have an i5 6500 and GTX 1070 but can only do 1080p @ 60fps on the NVENC option, if I try and do the same on the CPU option, there is a lot of stutter as the CPU cannot handle it.
    Also, what is your capture bitrate set to?

6. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I'm using NVIDIA Share at the moment, because it seems it has a smaller impact on performance than OBS, but maybe I'll try that too again. I assume it uses GPU accelerated encoding by default. And I record R3E in 1080p60 as well with 20 Mbps bitrate (usually they end up on YouTube so the quality gets reduced anyway...)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    From what I remember, OBS is CPU bound by default on the x.264 code. Have a look in your recording options and see if you can set it to NVENC, that should help if it's the problem. Keep us posted.

8. MICHAELP

MICHAELP New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Fx This issue Intel Core i9 Processor: The Next Big Dream for Gamer

9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure what fixed this at the end, because I installed multiple new drivers and a new Win10 version too in autumn, but I managed to get rid of it. Occasional stutters are still there, but not nearly as bad as before. I disabled everything screen capture related in both Win10 and NVIDIA software just to be sure and I record my gameplays only with OBS.