Regularly Not Launching/Crashing - Tearing My Hair Out !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sandra Honeyman, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Sandra Honeyman

Sandra Honeyman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Long term single player user of RaceRoom here. A couple of weeks ago I started to have problems logging on, with game server error messages. It's not a case that the servers are down because if I try again a few seconds later or after a few attempts I get in. Next the game gets stuck at the entrance screen about 50% of the time and I have to restart the game. Next when I finish a race and press back or escape the game crashes maybe 50% of the time. I have a great gaming PC, RTX3090, etc. Using Windows 11.

I have a couple of hundred other Steam games. None of the other games I regularly play show the same problem.

I am hoping some nice person here will have heard of these problems and know a solution. Many thanks.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Try doing a steam game verification and using a VPN to see if the issue is with your ISP.

3. Sandra Honeyman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have already verified the game files on steam. I don't have VPN. I have no problems with my ISP. No other game is effected.

4. Sandra Honeyman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did notice that sometimes after a Raceroom crash, if I look in the updates box in Steam that it has downloaded a steam distributable file, something to do with directX 8 or 9? Could this be involved? I know Raceroom was launched in 2013 or so when directX 8 might have been on the go. Surely it has been updated since then?

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I´d still try a free VPN just to rule out internet - more than once these types of issues with getting stuck on a screen are due to connectivity with the RRE servers, it has happened to me before and eventually settles down while other games were unaffected. It could also be some firewall/antivirus issue.

You could also upload the game crash log so someone who knows about that can identify the cause.

6. Sandra Honeyman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks for your advice Vale. Where do I send my crash dumps?

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Probably the help section of the official discord or DM a dev there on a working day as this forum is pretty quiet.