RENNSPORT - New racing sim on the horizon?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Balrog, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I hope so. But free-to-play? Now I'm skeptical.

3. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Should I be astounded by the irony or the gall of writing this on Raceroom forums?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I think you should use a dictionary and find that "skeptical" doesn't automatically mean "against". There are some positive examples like Raceroom, yes, but the vast majority of free-to-play games have pretty bad/harmful monetization systems. Even Raceroom has some problems with it.

5. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I think you should've considered the possibility of that being simply a jokeful, cheeky remark before directing me to the dictionary. Even if I haven't indicated it enough. And I'd say the irony is still there, regardless.

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I agree with that.

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Back to the game itself, this sounds like a Bavarian ACC. Info is very vague for a closed beta dropping in the next months so I too am skeptical. This would AFAIK be the first racing game to use UE5 too.

8. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Here is what I think about this whole thing. According to the marketing tools and carefully selected words by RENNSPORT, it is obvious that the target audience is NOT sim racers. An Ultra-Realistic Game, as they stated, refers to the graphical capabilities rather than a realistic driving experience. Custom tracks and other creative tools will be purely for the content creative gamers. Two years in development doesn't sound like a serious game title either. Quick money to be made and leaving it up to the modding community to take care of the rest is what they are telling us. Esports and other bullcrap are a booster for excitement. I am curious to see what they have to offer initially and what content will be available. There is no information about the multi-monitor support, third party software etc...By the way, I am a sim racer, and I enjoy realistic driving experiences, but I don't mind trying out and having fun driving other games ONLY IF they have multi-monitor support.

9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    2023 seems like a good window to launch a game - Motorsport Games will likely not be around, ACC development will have stopped and AC 2 won´t be ready so there is a chance to take players from other games. If they are not on schedule then it will be harder as 2024 is going to be a big year for releases - Ian Bell is going to set up a new game too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Why do they need "several days" for that? Are they going to brainwash those people? :D

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well, lets just wait for full release and have a look then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    And in 1440p instead of "Yo wtf is that quality Twitter???"

• Like Like x 4
  15. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Apparently, content creators are not allowed to post footage until the 1st of June, at least that's what I've heard in a stream. But first impressions seem to be positive.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Gamer Muscle has a preview video posted:

Quite a few known sim racing YT faces in the crowd so coverage should be extensive.

Over on Bsimracing, GM answered a few questions: https://www.bsimracing.com/rennsport-event-tour-by-gamermuscle/#disqus_thread

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    So yet another game with the usual set of GT3 cars plus some historic ones and open-wheelers? All on the usual tracks? The only thing that seems a bit interesting is that they are supposed to have changing weather conditions. Apart from that it seems like a copy of raceroom. But will probably give this go if it will have some free content

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Well what other cars would you have? Not having GT3 cars would be suicide these days, no matter what you my feel about them personally.

19. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I like GT3 cars, but I just feel the market is saturated now with them. Plus only ACC makes an effort of simulating an actual GT3 racing series rather than just throwing cars and tracks at the player

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    We have already seen the Porsche Mission R and Goodwood as 2 things that are very rare or not yet at all in any other game. :)

[​IMG]

Afaik the embargo is gone tomorrow so there should pop up a lot videos with more infos and stuff.