Replays missing cars ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andy Blade, May 31, 2016.

1. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    So did some recording of online race from my pov with gopro and triple screens after race was over i found ingame replay and overlayed them pip style now when watching my gopro recording lots of cars on track but when you watch tv syle ingame replay looks like i am drunk swerving around nothing lol , i guess when losers disconnect it wipes their car from my ingame replay why ? Okay they disconnect but my ingame video should still have them on screen upto that point as it looks retarded racing say 24 people at the start and at the end your video may only show 6 cars ? Is it me or is this how it's supposed to be ? Cos it looks dumb and i love this game soooo much bought nearly everything :)

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I have that problem, too... First I thought the missing cars are the cars the left the race, too. But someone told me here, that the cars come back after skipping forward and back in the video a bit. And yepp - sometimes it needed a few attempts, but suddenly more and more cars appear in the grid.

So for me, it looks like a problem with loading the cars.

Maybe it is something specific for MP-Races. When the MP-Race is about to start it takes a moment that all cars are visible after the session-switch. Maybe the replay loads only those cars that are visible in that moments your replay starts to record and with the skipping you force the replay to reload the cars that are visible in that moment.

3. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I will try what you suggest thanks , very strange that every car missing is a car that quit before end of race of this i am positive !

4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The problem exists in SP races against the AI as well. Here it is new. I appeared after the huge car fields in races were made available some weeks ago. It only shows up for me in races with more than the old default number of cars in the range of 22-26 cars. One can see it in replays, in trackside cameras. switching cameras when camera is focussing on an invisible car, makes it visible again. It can disappear again whehn the camera auto,matically chnages, however, but it must not always do that. I did not notice that it affects only cars that drop out of the race and DNF, so I will not confirm that.

You seem to be able to have a positive influence when making sure that in graphics options the number of displayed cars is set to the maximum available there (if your hardware allows that). For me, that limit is 48, higher values are not available there for me. Reducing maximum car feilds to 47 AI cars, reduced the number of replay screens with invisible cars, but did not completely solve it.

Switching off in car cockpits for replays, did not do anything for me.

I have made it a habit to not have greater car fields than 48 cars, even on tracks that would allow more. Technically, with playable frames, I could have up to 60 cars, with my system's specs.

5. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Only ever had this problem online ! never single player like i say it is only cars of people who quit race early that are missing

6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    So now you - and they! - know! :) I am never driving MP with R3E, only SP, exclusively.

7. Wacha

Wacha New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This also happened to me yesterday. After enjoying an online race with both the GTOs and Gr5 I went to see the replay and discovered that only the GTOs where visible. We were only 12 people racing. Is it because all Gr5 quit the race before the end? Even a Ford Capri that quit with 1 lap remaining doesn't show up.

Is this a known bug? Or is it intentional?

8. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Wacha keep trying the video as said above skip through it and back even reload replay , tried mine again last nite and now cars show up so not sure what it is but my missing cars are back , even try a day later , hope they show up

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Wacha

Wacha New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Just tried again and all cars show up. Are the developers aware of this? Is this something we should report? It's not a big issue, but maybe something to look into.

Thanks again.

10. DSky

DSky Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Its an known bug.
    Just load ure replay and close it, then load it again.