reputation and incident points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taonindo, May 20, 2020.

1. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    How is it that you can go from 1 to 7 points in one incident? And why is it that you get a point going off the track and another for coming back on, in some places? I have noticed a few nonpublic servers have dropped the ranking system wonder if its due to the wierdness... Not sure it is relevant to ones true ability/nature any way.

End Rant, thank you

2. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I guess it depends on how badly you messed up in one single incident. But devs would need a video of the incident to see if anything went wrong actually. Maybe some logs would suffice, but they would need to tell you.
    Dunno. Again, a video would help. I'm not sure if an unsafe re-join of the track can be detected in some way and lead to an incident. Maybe you did a significant slide when coming back - you get incidents for losing control, this I know. But this is only guesswork without a video.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think something like nonpublic ranked servers exists. Ranked servers are offical RaceRoom servers only and they are all public. Some are limited to people with a minimum reputation, but that's about it. Unofficial private (pw-locked) servers also could use these limitations, but this wouldn't make sense as they are pw-protected anyway.

3. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I don`t like the reputation points system as it stands, which I`ve stated elsewhere.
    The slightest of contacts results in a penalty and in some servers, if you don`t qualify in the top 3 or 4, you`re going to get punted.
    I have quite often ended up with 20 IP`s in just the first 2 corners due to poor driving from people who attempt to barge their way through, others who`ve rejoined at full speed without looking and spinners reversing on the track.
    I believe the main reason that there are fewer rammers and crashers is not being able to rejoin in qualifying after a DQ.
    That really just leaves inexperienced drivers in races.

4. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Probably means the non raceroom servers.

5. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Happened to me on the ranked server on tuesday turn 1 on twin ring motegi in Audi TT. Someone missed thier braking point and i copped a bump from behind that pushed me off track cost me 7 points in total.. 4 points for collision and the other 3 points accumulated were track limits i exceeded during the incident.

6. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Since FFB is not enough for me to feel the car, I have real issues staying within the track limits but I rarely take anyone with me when I do slide out. Most of my points come from drifting to far out or getting out of the way of faster cars. ( I would rather go off course and get I.P. than hold up cars that are actually in the race. ) Nothing is perfect and if I am the only one having a problem ...its probably me not the system. I dont like the points as they are, but we are all playing by the same rules so ... I will leave this with one thought. "Life is good , God is great and nothing else matters". F.I.D.O.

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Try the GT3 server on A1 Ring with 20 penalty points max before kick. Quite often you will get 30 cars starting and 2 finishing!

A1 is notorious for first corner crashes and track limits on the last 2 corners so it pays to qualify well or you will lose at least 10 or 12points via contact by the hairpin, often from unavoidable contact when other cars crash right in front. I think there needs to be a longer amnesty time between losing points as you often get double ot triple jeopardy from the same incident.

8. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I was in a DTM server yesterday with a 20 point limit. I put in a perfunctory qualy lap just to stay out of trouble but within 10 minutes I was the only car left in there.

That said I do prefer more stringent penalties for infractions. Many of the slow-down penalties can be absorbed invisibly through regular driving, and having too many points to play with encourages on-track lunacy.

• Agree Agree x 1