Reputation for rookies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob Pearson, May 18, 2020.

1. Bob Pearson

Bob Pearson Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    New racer here, a whole four weeks or so, very little experience, but keen to learn. I rather foolishly entered a couple of ranked races. As expected I did very poorly, getting stuck on a barrier in the second race and quit out of the game to escape. Unfortunately my reputation was seriously damaged at now sits at 56.

I have trawled through all the ranked races (at least in Europe) and I can't see any that I can join. So I made some big mistakes initially, but now it seems I can't redeem myself. How can I work on improving my reputation if I can't enter anything?

Am I missing something here? It seems likely to me, that in the current world situation, there will be many more like me, trying to get into sim racing and learning new skills in an absorbing hobby, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of public races to help in their progression.

2. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    There should always be bunch of servers with no reputation level required. I remember recently it was often Silhouettes on raceroom raceway and NSU on rotating tracks. You will always see if the server has reputation threshold or not in the description. Do few clean races on these, and you will get your rep up pretty quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bob Pearson

Bob Pearson Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply. I've been checking fairly frequently, and assuming I'm looking n the right place, all the European ranked servers require a minimum reputation of at least 70. Maybe I just have to wait for a rotation?

Just had a thought, can I only improve reputation on ranked servers? Or can I join any public server and still improve reputation, that may be where I'm going wrong?

4. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    You need the ranked server. Let me check ingame which European servers are rep free, maybe you have some filters active or something like that.

5. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Europe #2 and Europe #8 are rep free, Europe #5 has rep60 threshold, which should be pretty easy to achieve as well.

6. King Jareth

King Jareth New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Make sure you arent filtering out Closed session (I think thats what the tickbox at the top is called) as the Ranked servers are only Open to join during the Practice sesion so you might have to wait.

7. Bob Pearson

Bob Pearson Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks - found one, I must have just missed the rotations. Now to practise a bit more :)