(REQUEST) Dashboard camera

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter Kerenyi, Apr 11, 2016.

?

Would you like to have dash camera in R3E?

1. Yes, it's useful

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No, the cameras we have are enough

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. I don't care

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Peter Kerenyi

Peter Kerenyi Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Besides DiRT Rally, Assetto Corsa has introduced the so-called dashboard camera recently. It is in my opinion very handy, doesn't sacrifice the traditional cockpit view, gives a more realistic POV and an alternative to hood cam users.

From a personal perspective, I have been using the cockpit cam for ages, but my less experienced dad and girlfriend prefer AC's dash cam more (no confusing wheel, better FOV). The dash cam in R3E would "allow" them to get into this sim as well (without me having to change my camera settings every time the want to try it).

So I think it would not be too much of a work to make dash cameras for R3E and I think people would like it.
    Any thoughts from simracers and devs?

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    You can use the replay dash cam when you drive. Think you'll find it pressing the Home button.

3. Peter Kerenyi

Peter Kerenyi Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    No, that's not what I wanted. I would like to see an Assetto Corsa style dash cam, where you have lower FOV, invisible wheel and you see the MOTEC/tachometers, whatever shows you the speed, RPM, whatever.

4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\Cars
    Pick a cam and edit it to your liking.

5. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I use the seat adjustment keys to get views similar to the Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa dash cams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    This would be great if only the free-camera lock button could work! It's really daunting to open the xml and make all the calcs to simply rotate the camera angle...
    I wish that at some point we just move the camera as we like, hit that lock button and bam! Settings have been changed and saved on the xml file and we're good to go.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ДДºMortICi

ДДºMortICi Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I remove the wheel & arms in settings, then press W to move the seat closer to that I have the motec visibile and as close to the screen as possible, so that my wheel would "technically" be in the right spot. See below:

8. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    not saying no ... good to have options but I just move my seat to proper position and with correct FOV you have it ... problem with AC dash cam is that it is static and nonadjustable ..