[Request] Support for more buttons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ernie, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I'm having a Fanatec Universal Hub and i can't use the buttons 40, 41, 42. Binding these buttons isn't possible, because they weren't detected by R3E as an input.

[​IMG]

And referring to users with buttonboxes etc. it seems that R3E doesn't support more than 33 buttons.

So i would like to see more buttons been supported in R3E. :)

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Is that all it is, I have buttons scattered all over the place, they all seem to do something or other, too sodding many if you ask me, being a sufferer of short thumb syndrome my life's already hell, need hands like shovels to reach the inside buttons on my 599 rim so you can have those three buttons if you want Ernie?

3. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Because i don't have a button box yet, all my buttons on the wheel are assigned. There are many useful functions i'd like to have directly on the wheel. Yes, some buttons aren't reachable that easy, but it's good to have some specific functions out of reach to avoid accidental use. ;)
    And because these buttons, i had mentioned above, are dead and useless in R3E, i'd like to see it supported. :)

4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    My 599 has 15 buttons that all work then there's my old G27 shifter that has another 12 they all work and then rest is on keyboard, yet my F1 wheel has several buttons that won't register in game o_O
    Good tip for a cheap button box is a usb numberpad, used to have one a few years back, did the job a treat, velcro'd it to desk worked fine for years, fancy it would still be going now if I hadn't stood on it one evening :mad:

5. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I have Logitech DiNovo Mini attached with double sided tape above my TH8A shifter (where the warning sticker is). Not the most elegant elegant button box but it works :p

Actually, I don't use it as a button box that much, it is too small and cramped for that during the race, but it is handy in garage and game menus as it has touch pad. With it, you don't need to use keyboard and mouse pretty much anywhere else in the game :cool:

6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    So far all my buttons have worked. I did the USB numpad thing too but found it was easier, at least at my current "desk cab" setup, to keep using the keyboard for rare cases where my g27 doesn't have the function mapped - i have a hard enough time recalling the functions on that alone.