Problem Request ! Tips/Hints/Setups for Mercedes AMG C63 DTM 2016

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sheridan, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Sheridan

Sheridan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,my name is Alex and i wanna ask for some suggestions.

I cannot use the steamlink so I will write the car's setup :

Front Suspension : - Toe in front : -0.29 deg
    - Bump : 8 clicks
    - Rebound : 8 clicks
    - Springs : 170 N/mm
    - Camber : - 4.0 deg
    - Ride Height : 6.0 cm
    - Anti Roll Bar Front : 120 N/mm

Rear Suspension : - Toe in rear : 0.20 deg
    - Bump : 5 clicks
    - Rebound : 5 clicks
    - Springs : 130 N/mm
    - Camber : -2.5 deg
    - Ride Height : 7.0 cm
    - Anti Roll Bar Rear : 80 N/mm

Aerodynamics : Wing : 16 deg

Brakes & Tires : - Brake pressure : 95%
    - Brake Bias : 57.0 % : 43.0 %

Gearing Ratio : - Final Drive : 4.91 : 1

Differential : - 3 clicks

1st Question : When I play in "Get Real'' mode I have got some problems with the car when I try to take the corners fast or when I accelerate after taking a corner its back just keeps slipping.Can you tell me please why does this happen a lot ? This also happens a lot in single or multiplayer racing .
    2nd Question: Any ideas how to improve slighty the back of the car's stability,so it won't slip anymore ?
    3rd Question : I am also rookie i just have 24h played.I request some Tips&Hints for how to drive better: Cornering and Braking - I am not really good at these.
    The time differences in the competition between me and the leader with the best time of the 3 tracks are : +8.291s ; + 7.280s ; + 6.506s

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    so you have chosen a fairly difficult car to begin with, the engine is very powerful but it is stable due to lots of aero grip. you need to be careful to be very smooth applying the throttle out of slow corners depressing the pedal slowly. also note this car doesn't have tc so you have to do it all yourself.

I wont give you setup tips now as you dont seem to be at the stage where it would help, for now focus on consistently lapping and applying the throttle smoothly even when under pressure.

if u want to try a better starting point try the free aquila car or a gt3 car, gt3 cars have traction control so you can do some practice starting at a high tc setting and slowly work your way down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  3. VeryStef

VeryStef New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

How competitive is the default setup for that car ?
    I would be interested in some setup tips.
    In the SRS series, the Audis and BMWs are kicking my butt and every change I try to make to my setup ends up being slower than the default.

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Which car / class are you using?

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Probably the 2016 mercedes dtm that this thread is about ;)
    The srs series drives the whole 2014/2015/2016 dtm field

6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Default setup is good on these cars. You can make them quicker by reducing the rear wing, softening the front roll bar, lowering diff preload and the other standard tricks to loosen the car up, but it tends to make them harder to drive.

I recommend sticking with default setup and working on your driving. It's possible to be fast without changing anything

7. Sebastien Brunier

Sebastien Brunier Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    The "problem" with DTM cars is that they have a lot of down force, so tweaking the setup will quickly degrade the potential of the car, and will give you wrong driving habits.
    I fully agree with one of the comments above, it's not the easiest serie to choose for a beginer. Far from it.
    Just stick to the default setup and learn throttle control, as these cars don't have traction control.
    Leave the DRS alone, on Nordschleife DRS brings you 5 sec, so on standard tracks, imagine how little it will be, and until you improve your lap times/car control a lot, DRS transforms these cars into death traps...
    What you can play with is brake bias, you could try to move it a bit forward as the default is a tad on the rear, that will help with stability under braking as a front lockup is less deadly than a rear lockup (especially if you put some steering input).
    If you lock up too easily you can lower a bit the brake pressure too.
    When you'll hit the seiling in terms of lap time improvements (being able to place 10 clean laps stints within few tenth of each other), then you'll know what you want and need to fix on the car and that it is not a driving skill issue.
    Learn to be smooth with your inputs is the best advice you could be given.

8. VeryStef

VeryStef New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I confirm I was talking about the 2016 Mercedes. I found a good setup for the 2016 BMW on this forum and was instantly 3 seconds faster but I like the sound of the Mercedes better ... :)
    I tried to adjust the wing, anti-roll bars but did not notice any improvement..

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  9. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Just give the bmw setup a go on the mercedes. Might still help a bit