Question reset Raceroom to default settings

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Azfalt Raser, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to reset Raceroom to the default settings in every aspect. As if I installed for the very first time.....without losing purchased content.
    After a 1.5 hour download/re-install, it saved my previous settings.:confused:
    What file/s do I need to delete?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  2. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I think there is a folder call SimBin in your Documents Folder (In my case Documents/My games/SimBin) I think that is where all the settings are saved, "BUT" wait another comment for confirmation :)

3. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    As gio_vtec mentioned your R3E user folder that contains your in-game settings, custom car setups, custom controller setups and replays etc. are all stored in your Documents folder. ..\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience

Deleting that folder will turn everything to default. Your purchased content is bound to your account and will be unlocked every time you login and won't disappear by deleting the game or formatting your pc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Sonat and Gio
    A Twitch viewer saw me streaming and suggested I select the default controller profile. When I selected the default profile for my Thrustmaster, all my ffb and wheel profile settings were reset to default. Then, I just deleted my old thrustmaser controller profiles, remapped my buttons and renamed the new profile, which allowed me to keep the default thrustmaster profile intact.
    I had already deleted my audio xml file so it was perfect.

Just fyi

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  5. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Can controller profiles be reset from the server side?

I had the following controller profiles in my controller list:
    DFGT
    Raceroom Controller
    Thrustmaster F1 Ferrari
    Thrustmaster GTE
    Thrustmaster Default

I deleted the GTE and F1 wheel profiles and created a new Thrustmaster profile which was renamed and saved.

The next day, the only profile I had was the Thrustmaster Default
    My DFGT and Raceroom Controller profiles, as well as the Thrustmaster profile I had saved the night before, were gone.

I didn't delete any files or folders other than the Audio XML file.

6. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    The controller profiles are just local files so there's nothing on server side regarding them.

Do you see the custom profile files in your R3E User folder? ..Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

7. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    only 1 profile in that folder. The one I created after the other profiles disappeared.

ok.. well you answered my question. Thank you.
    I was asking my viewers about it, while streaming on Twitch. Just found it odd they disappeared the next time I opened raceroom. Thought maybe someone on the server side was nice enough to delete them for me. :)
    Obviously, that's not possible.

Thanks again.

8. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it is odd that they would disappear :).

Could it be that they were default profiles and you no longer have those hardware connected?

9. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Not sure how it works, but....

I have not connected my DFGT since last december when I upgraded to the Thrustmaster.
    The Raceroom controller I purchased as a backup to my wheel at about the same time through the US Raceroom Ebay store.
    These controller profiles were still there after I uninstalled and re-installed the game.
    I was streaming on Twitch and someone was nice enough to help me delete the Thrustmaster profiles and I showed the viewers, I couldn't delete the Raceroom Controller or DFGT profiles.

The GTE and F! wheel profiles had a trash can icon, so I deleted those that way.
    The DFGT and Raceroom controller had no icons (pencil or trashcan), so I just left them alone.

Then, I clicked on the Default Thrustmaster controller profile.
    Remapped my buttons
    Saved as renamed profile.
    Ran some laps, watched some replays.

Next day, I started raceroom....
    I have (in-game) Keyboard default, Mouse default, Thrustmaster T300RS default.
    And the renamed Thrustmaster profile I created.

If clicking on the default Thrustmaster profile deletes the other profiles, it made it easy for me.
    I have everything I wanted.

Regards.