Review by The Simpit: Fanatec CSL Elite for PS4 (and PC!)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Skybird, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0

30 minutes review in their proven style.

They call it the wolf in sheep'S clothing, and that probbaly is a good description. They complained about a little flx in the wheel rim, but I cannot confirm that, but I use tabe clamps. In the video you can see they have hardmioutned it to some racing cage framework, and that this frame is moving quite a lot in its wheelbase table. I have it in my desktop. The flex they report when moving the rim against the base, I do not have.

My first firmware update seemed to have gone badly, i had to repeat it, so I had kind of a coarse start with it. But some days later I have learned to love this wheel a very lot. It is very powerful and strong, very fast, and the rim feels very nice in the hands.

I have not tested it on the PS4 directly.

The wheel works with all but one of my driving titles. AC, RR, Dirt Rally, Project Cars, ETS4, Wreckfest. - OMSI 2 does not recognise it's axis.

The LED indicator light on the rim works in AC, RR, PC. No Fanaleds needed.

The LED display on the rim works fully in RR and out of the box (you can toggle between variuous modes), and in AC, displaying only speed and gear shift. Also in PC. No Fanaleds needed.

The gear lights on the wheelbase only work in Raceroom, and out of the box. The video shows they also work in iR.

Wreckfest does not save the settings for the wheel, you lose the setup for the wheel between every two races currently.

In Dirt Rally, do not forget that after setting up the wheel you need to save your profile manually. Else you lose the wheel setup when leaving the game.

I had starting troubles, but now consider this to be an extremely good deal. Lets see what Fanaleds will do for it.

I cannot comment on iR, rF2, Automobilista.

---

Note, like said in the other thread, that the rev lights on the wheelbase currently can freeze in raceroom if you rev up into the blue LED range, but not to the maximum: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...l-available-for-ps4-finally.8189/#post-120562