Rexing Formula Wheel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jeffers, Sep 2, 2017.

1. jeffers

jeffers New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I’ve noticed that there are a few people on here who are part of the direct drive brigade (Accuforce, Bodnar & OSW), so for anyone looking to complement their DD wheel or add further immersion I thought I’d write a quick introduction for my latest addition.

The product is a Rexing formula steering wheel, made by Rexing in Croatia using a carbon fibre shell in conjunction with high quality knitter buttons and encoders. Had been looking to purchase one of these for a while before finally biting the bullet. I can’t emphasise the amount of quality and detail that’s gone into the production of this wheel, it’s a true work of art!

I spent a few weeks exchanging contact with Rexing via email. They were extremely helpful dealing with all of my queries. The wheel is also supplied with propriety software produced by Rexing; although the current version is somewhat basic, a pro software is currently being tested and should be released fairly soon. The pro software will offer an infinite amount of options to the end user, allowing multiple pages of data, akin to the data on real F1 steering wheels.

The wheel can be purchased as a basic version or with optional components [such as a new LCD cover and higher quality thumb encoders that feel extremely positive]. Rexing have recently introduced a GT steering wheel for modding, where customers can make their own layout for electronics, buttons, switches, quick release, shifters, and Rexing will do the cutouts for you. I should have a review of that in the near future.

For anyone interested check out their website [rexing.eu]!

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Great wheel! I was in contact with these guys (or their NA distributor?) as I was close to buying one. I was a little hesitant as I could not find any other reviews or people talking about it. It is a beauty!

Based on how nice this is, I'm curious to see their GT offering.

3. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    I was very close to buying a Rexing formula steering wheel, but than VR came......and what the using of having such a nice wheel with display if you can't see it when you are racing.

4. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Well, you make beautiful wheels yourself, so your opinion is bias. ;)

With that being said, yes, I VR can diminish the value and usability to a bit for those that use it. Even though I'm still using my 46" triples, I know VR will eventually be the future, so the custom wheel I'm currently having made (shhhhh) will skip the Z1 style display and shift lights.

Then again, I do like pretty things and jeffers wheel sure is pretty.

• Agree Agree x 1