rfactor 2 daily deal on steam

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by higsy, Feb 18, 2016.

1. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Just an fyi, rfactor 2 is 40% of on steam for the daily deal. Looks like it runs thru Thursday.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  2. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    looks like this game is nice, but what a rubbish cars and tracks... only my opinion!
    i am in love with the cars and tracks RACEROOM provides, it's just perfectly fits my taste!

3. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    rFactor would be a great but it's too mod-heavy (fan made sim)… I prefer racing stuff made by professional programmers, not made by hobby programmers … sorry, but this is my opinion. In addition, they have too many licence problems … Palm Springs Speedway = Homestead-Miami Speedway, Mountain Peak Speedway = Charlotte Motor Speedway, Jacksonville Superspeedway = Daytona International Speedway, …

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely agree!

I don't like self-made mods at all. I don't trust them.

I respect Sector 3 for not giving a possibility to implement any kind of mods made by some beginners.

And of course, only Licensed stuff.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I'll have to check it out later to see what I think. At that price if there are only a few cars or tracks I like then I'll be happy. I think they have stock car and f1 don't they ?
    I agree with raceroom having everything I need though. I come to a sim to race , not drive street cars around a track. That just seems like a waste of time.

6. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    They have a reactor stock car a marussia F1, a dw12 indycar. For only $20 it's not a bad game. I don't know if I would get it and play online though.

7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    So is the online pass included in the steam offer? Or is it extra?

8. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    rFacotor 2 is one awesome sim. Top notch physics like contact patch modeling, dynamic track and weather. All in all, sim is very feature complete, although still WIP and there definitely is work to be done. I agree that its official content is a bit light, but for example latest versions of DW12 is pure awesomeness. When ISI tackles their oval AI, it will be the best Indy/Nascar simulation out there for single player. Period.

To me, one of the worst aspects of R3E is that there no mod content! True, there is lots of half assed and ripped crap out there, but it is easy to find out which is the good stuff worth downloading, no matter what the sim is. For example, during the last couple of weeks I have barely launched anything else than GSCE's CART Extreme. It is simply so well done mod and just pure adrenaline filled awesomeness, that it is difficult to think how it could be improved in any way. It is rF 1 port on steroids and the original CART Factor release states:
    I can't imagine how any professional group could've put more effort and love to the package or accomplished anything siginificantly better.

9. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    $20 without, 31 with

10. St3fan

St3fan Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The offline version doesn't include 1 year online sub, unlike the non-Steam version.
    You can get the lifetime online access by buying the "Buy rFactor 2 with Lifetime Subscription", or buy the base offline only option "Buy rFactor 2" and add 1 year online access subscription "Buy rFactor 2 - Online Services Subscription" the extra cost of lifetime online access doesn't appeal to you.
    As far as I know, there is no way to upgrade from offline only to lifetime online access on Steam. There is a DLC "Lifetime Access to Online Services" which is "N/A", and I read somewhere that it is available for people who choose "Buy rFactor 2 with Lifetime Subscription" or for people who have bought the non-Steam version before.

11. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Mods... I tried mods in different games and most of them were messing up game balance or break game performance...

12. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    The only mods I ever installed on my computer were only for Skyrim :p
    FUSRODAHHHH

13. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    At $20, rF2 is well worth the money; if multiplayer is something you need, $31 isn't too bad in terms of value.

Most of the mods I've used in rF2 aren't that great (same for Assetto Corsa) however the URD paid-for mods are. Mods listed on the Steam Workshop are often the 'cream of the crop'. Here you'll find the Virtual LM tracks and a few scratch made tracks such as Longford & Symmons Plains that are of a high standard.The star ratings found on Steam often help.

Cars, just like the tracks, are often a mixed bag with many mods based off 3D models from other sims and even console releases. The Flat 6, Lola T70 and Ferrari Challenge mods are all very well made and feel authentic enough (how does one really tell how accurate a car is?). You can also try the MAC Corp Group C mods and a GT3 mod both of which are WIP.

There are fansites on FB e.g. Sim Racing For Life where you'll find 'grey area' mods and Race Department who'se rating system sorts the diamonds from coal.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  14. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    As of yesterday you can upgrade Steam rF2 from offline to lifetime, below are the details & pricing schedule from ISI :), and just incase anyone was interested I have included the details regards changing from non steam to steam rF2, but note there are some conditions associated with this procedure, as you'll see below..

Upgrading from Standard to Lifetime.

NON STEAM USERS:

Yes, you can upgrade your non-Steam purchase. As of April 28, 2014 the rates are:
    USD 52
    GBP 34
    EUR 38
    JPY 5300
    CAD 50
    AUD 50
    NZD 56
    These amounts can be sent to us via Paypal to our upgrade@rFactor.net Paypal account. Please send your RF order number (failing that, send us a note of the email you use when signing into the launcher) in the payment information. Please allow two working days to process.

STEAM USERS:

As of February 18, 2016 you may upgrade from the offline to lifetime version.
    USD 57
    GBP 37
    EUR 42
    JPY 5830
    CAD 55
    AUD 55
    NZD 62

Send payment in the amounts shown immediately above to upgrade@rfactor.net Paypal account. Please send us your steam username (so we can verify ownership of rF2 offline version) and note that it is a “steam upgrade” in the Paypal payment information box.

Can I transfer my rF2 purchase to Steam?
    Yes, use this form. Your rFactor 2 Steam Key will be emailed to you. Please note the following points before proceeding:

– NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED AFTER RECEIVING A STEAM KEY.
    – YOUR NON-STEAM RFACTOR 2 LICENSE WILL BECOME INVALID.
    – YOUR ONLINE ACCESS SUBSCRIPTION TIME WILL BE LOST (ONLY APPLIES TO NON-LIFETIME LICENSES).

NOTE: We do have a limit on how many we can send each day. Our system should close the transfer form each day once this limit is reached. If you have filled out the form and waited two hours, yet not received your Steam key, please contact us.

Cheers :)

15. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
  16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Why post an article now when it was originally made in March?

Besides that in the article you linked, which references the commercial licensing guys interview with Race Dept., explicitly says they arent working on rF3 :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gerhard Gruber

Gerhard Gruber Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    """ The core team of full-time software engineers consists of four persons. """ :D
    That is why the gamers wait again 6 years until a change comes. :D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    The physic is great, it's one of my favorite with R3E and AC.

19. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    the core game have one of the best ffb and physics engine. And weather integration and full flag system. The whole package with all of these features is one of the best you can get. For me when I play the converted spa from ac in rf2 it looks better in rf2 when its the right day time and physics are more realistic for me. But what is not so good in rf2 is the standard content, the ai you have to adapt it one every circuit, sometimes they are freaky fast and sometimes not, and what I really don't like; I ordered rf2 for single player oval racing. But the ai is bullshit on ovals and the oval rules are sometimes not working like they should on cautions. But they are working on it. And there is the last bad thing, it takes much time to get things updated. But after the decision I can't use rf2 for sp oval races, I enjoy other racings with weather changes and day night change and yellow flags with safety cars a lot.