rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mihai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  2. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    You can subscribe to CART factor '98 mod now.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    One of the best things what can happen to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Studio 397 just released the GT3 power pack. Radical RXC Turbo and Mercedes AMG are the other 2 cars part of the pack.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Bentley, mclaren and callaway Corvette are the others three, absolutely fantastic all off them

6. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Yah, if it was not for the Merc that has the FFB wrong. It is grinding my Fanatec V2 like nothing ever before, in any sim.
    Other people already found that out too...needs urgent update.
    The new cars are heavy hitters on FPS too. At first I thought it was the new beta version, but it seems to be the new cars.
    The cars are looking good to rF2 standards though, sound is not bad either and they drive rather well. The new Radical may be a bit tame...

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Might be the new shaders that are only used on the new cars, that have an impact on the FPS...

8. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, probably. I hope they find a fix. Leaving the pits in the McLaren at Ricardo Tormo resulted in 23 FPS (or even lower the first few meters, complete stutter... On track I got about 48 FPS at best, that is about half of what I had before... barely playable... :(

9. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    @OverTheLine I"ve seen the CFEG Rf2 championship... looks tempting, but, unfortunately, don't have a race partner xD

11. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
  12. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    RFactor 2 paint competion! Have a chance to win a Fanatec Clubsport 2.5 base with a Clubsport GT Wheel and also get your car skin in the next build update.
    Long time since i painted some skins but I'll take a shot :)

13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    My problem with S397 is that they can't keep their promises. DX11 is still in open beta. The new UI is still to come. The Radical AI is not fixed yet. The final version of Zandvoort is nowhere... I want to support their work, but I will only invest more money into the title when I will see something actually getting finished.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Great version of the track:

almost R3E track standard ...

15. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    I'm not saying that everything is fun and games with RF2 @Balrog, but you're not exactly right! S397 is not a big team to bring all we want at a fast pace and in perfect state. IMO, they did, and keep doing, one helluva job. After all, they start working on rf2 about an year ago and in this time they managed dx11 transition, vr, new ui is coming up so, yes, I'm pretty much content with them. OFC are not finished, you expect a bunch of people to deliver all these, finished and working, to you in... what, a month, 2, 3?
    I agree with you on Zandvoort, was released in not a perfect state, the Radical AI is.... radical, imo even the gt3 cars need a bit more optimization but... if these are your reasons, you're wrong.

16. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I agree, it's a nice track (Road Atlanta being my favorite track), but the used trees are really ugly (like cardboard cuts), just look at the video. In my case (triple screens) it is even worse.
    Oulton Park is much nicer as far as surroundings go.

17. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I'm aware of all these things. I hope you realize I was talking about their own deadlines, they are falling way behind their own schedule and during this one year period they left everything unfinished. Their work is promising, but I'll keep my money in my pocket until I see certain progress in every area. That's all I'm saying. (To avoid the confusion: I own and use rF2 already )

18. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    @Balrog You realize that you're talking about deadlines on a forum where SOON was trademarked and copyrighted? xD

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, maybe S3 should release unfinished cars and tracks too to make their developement process look faster.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    fighting in VR is amazing :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2