rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mihai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    How's the Formula E pack by the way? I watched the "official launch" race live stream and it looked spot on, cars behaved very similar to what I've seen in real broadcasts.

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    It is very good in my book, but I am not picky (I especially don't care for visuals in autosport games) and I generally enjoy rF2 physics, tire model, presence of SC and damage - so I am biased. What was particularly impressive and surprising to me was that they made street circuit well optimized on the first release. FE is the first licensed rF2 content that is somewhat championship like, although it is still not as great as R3E "Experiences".

Depending on your personality, you may or may not like FE itself. I like all the details like flags, safety cars etc. So FE has that immersive "detail" where you need to fiddle with your max engine load and regen values. In a way, it is no longer a race per se, it is something different. But I enjoy it a lot. Funny sound (basically no engine sound, but at 250km/h it starts to sound like you're about to take off). Two gears! It also seems that cars have 900" lock to lock, so a lot of work on the steering wheel. And of course, rF2 shines with open wheelers.

Some lowlights - SC phase is still showing its Nascar roots (same subphases), LCD is very limited, doesn't even show current battery charge. But, Crew Chief is for your services here.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  3. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
  4. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Roadmap update december here! There is still work to do but I'm happy :) Now I'm eager to see all the big mods updated :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    We are not cosmonauts/astronauts but if you want to see how to be in a rocket feels have look here.

7. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Flat 6 series mod was updated to version 4 for the new rain effects, wiper, no more autoblip and more.

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    just tried it at jerez, was much fun. Car moves around a little and squirms a lot under brakes. Gfx are much improved too.

9. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    January roadmap update is here.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    "... Sebring International Raceway

Last but not least, we can now proudly announce that we have licensed America’s oldest road racing track, host to many historic endurance races. Sebring International Raceway is being built based on a laser scan we did last month. This is a first for us and although we have made many tracks based on CAD data and other information that have been quite accurate, this scan will allow us to get every little detail right. It will take us a couple of months to finish this one, but we are working on it feverishly! ..."

and the next laser scannig sim ... well done Studio 397!

12. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    The video has been created using the Endurance Series rF2 mod build 2.00 wich is work in progress.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    night racing, rain action ... the current ISImotor game engine of rF2 is very powerful ... oh wait, it's just an updated version of the R3E graphics engine ... :oops::rolleyes: ... just think about it.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  14. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    just think about it
    maybe somebody should be working harder on their base game, instead of pumping out pay content for yesterdays engine.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    it's an old story: the community is hungry for more new car and track stuff but also for new features ... but there is a lack of programer for new features and the content guys of Sector 3 don't work on new features ... we don't know anything about the business processes of the Studio 397 and Sector 3, but if there is any chance for Sector 3 to buy the updated version of the old ISImotor engine, then they should do it ... It's a lot of f**king hard work to convert 40+ tracks for a complete new engine, I don't think that's very good way ... furthermore the tracks in R3E look good so far, they just need some subsequent works on the lighting effects and deals front (track elevation changes, vegetation ... by laser scan data :D ... *dreaming*)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  16. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    March 761 is something i'm eager to drive not to mention that Oreca. Also curious about Zandvoort, hope they did a good work on it. All in all, not a bad roadmap!

18. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Enduracers mod was upgraded to version 2.00.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    I forgot to mention this but, also, S397 released the build 1110 of Rf2. More details here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Both are awesome updates, the new rF2 build is a huge step forward with my config performance-wise, and the Enduracers mod also continues to stand out in terms of quality. Great job by both teams!

• Agree Agree x 3