rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mihai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    In general, in a month and a half I bought all the content except karting. I like RF2, but AI in RRE is better. The new interface is not bad, but poorly optimized.But on the whole, both games are very good - I hardly ever go to ACC.

By the way, my opinion about the Endurance Pack has changed - I think that GTE is too heavy to drive. I hope that the S3 will make the 911 RSR, which can be pleasantly operated, rather than suffer at every turn.

HUD is terrible. I bought SimHUB license, because with built-in HUD it is impossible to play normally.

I have a question - can I use Simhub for RF2 in RRE? :confused:
    That: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-overlay-acc-rfactor2-hud.30921/

PS: Marcel say that S397 making new content: GT4 or TCR.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  2. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
  4. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Incoming Ferrari in RF2, GTE and GT3!!! Bring it on, S397! Honestly, I can barely wait! And maybe, just maybe, the challenge car as well?! Wishful thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I would want the 312T too. Friend to the M23.

6. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0

Ferrari in Rf2... Like a dream come true :D I'll wait for the GTE/GT3 pack to be released in order to buy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I saw that Ferrari vid (and reviews) pushed by the usual folk on Youtube, and having not tried RF2 yet, I must admit it grabbed my attention.

I've spent a lot on hardware/software lately, so I was hesitant to buy into yet another one, but then I noticed it had a demo.. ..An actual demo. Like in the 90s. :)

It took nearly two flippin' hours to get my DD wheel all set up and working properly (and only through the help of google), but once set I was really impressed. The DX11/VR worked beautifully and it has a similar 'natural' look to that of RRE, which I personally prefer over the hyper-pretty output of the Madness Engine. The FFB was out-of-the-box fantastic, and the audio also sounded good. So I bought the full thing.

I immediately grabbed the endurance pack, and will certainly grab the Ferrari. What else is considered the 'must have' content that RF2 excels at?

- I'll probably grab at least one of the two GT3 packs.
    - Sebring seems to be mentioned a lot.
    - Best mod* cars/Tracks?

*I'm slightly wary of the mod scene tbh.. I Ioved that element of AC, but it's a fine line to tread. It's too easy to massively pollute the game with crap you'll never use. Having learnt more about what I like I'd prefer to keep this a bit more streamlined.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I love the metal morrow, Porsche RSR, I agree that this is possibly the best force feed back out of the box, I just adjust the amount of force per car:)

9. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Of course. If I left them at 1, I'd break my wrists.

On that note, is there a way of tweaking *all* cars down to say 0.5, so I can make minor adjustments from there? It's annoying that even a different livery is seen as a different car in this regard.

10. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I have most cars around 83,I save it to the wheel settings.

11. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Reiza pack is always a great choice. The Metalmoro is awesome.

12. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    After some updates, the GT3 and GTE cars drive nice. The new Ferrari is nice too, sound for rfactor2 good and driving is fine. They have done a very good job last time, looking forward to virtual 24h le mans next week ;).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I'm enjoying GTE a lot at the moment, with my favorite being the CR7. The Ferrari looks/feels good, but the sound on that is so flat/dull.. I prefer the iRacing one for my Ferrari fix, or at least until S3 surprise us. ;)

Having spent some more time in RFactor now, I can say it's a confusing beast to say the least. Nothing about it says 'I'm a proper release'. It's a just a bag of bolts thrown together, and is rough as hell in places, which given it's age is bewildering. The base content is all over the place with no consistency in FFB/feel, and many of them are a clear 'nope' within the first lap. Track content is sparse.

Mod support is always a blessing and curse for several reasons, and I've not had much luck here yet - At least on the 'free' front. The FVR V8 Supers that seem to come up in any 'best of' suggestions feel/sound great, but the visuals in VR look like a poorly ported/ripped version of someone else's work. - Probably aren't, but it's an absolute immersion killer for me.

That said, there are a couple of cars/tracks that shine through spectacularly, and keep pulling me back again. As above, the GTE class is solid, and I love the McLaren MP4/13. Silverstone is a blast, and the new version of Zandvoort is fantastic.

I'd love to get both GT3 packs and give them a whirl, but tbh, I'm loathed to fork out the same cost as the game again to get more content when the base offerings are so flakey. Same goes for Sebring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    You should give it a try... It's awesome. FFB on this track is incredible.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Agree, Sebring is very nice and Nordschleife too with the latest laserscan versions out of all sims. Driving a lot with the BMW M2 Racing on the Nords lately, so much fun.

The problem with rF2 is you can't really find any good server to race on, nobody is using original content. Every Server is filled up with modded cars, modded tracks, liverys and therefore tons of autodownloads, you don't get any information with the userinterface: track, cars, carclasses, session status, everything is missing.
    On top of that, if you don't own every car on a server you can't join.

That's the nice thing with Raceroom, no modding stuff and one car out of a certain class is enough to join a race and the userinterface gives you all important informations, makes it much more accessible in comparison.

I hope rF2 will improve in that way somehow.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  16. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree here. This modding is heaven & hell at the same time...

What I really like is, that you can race the complete IMSA cars and tracks (at least with mods... ;)) and... Of course... LE MANS and the complete WEC field (without proper LMP1) :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Qualifying at Le Man with a selection of Senna McLaren, LMP2 and GTE's is nothing short of magical! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Bought the game during latest steam sales but never had chance to run it in and out

I agree with above 2 posts but i am kind of shocked with some poor ffb on few cars like gt500 or the cliocup. No steering feel at low and mid speed cornering with the nissan and the clio ffb is an absolute mess

The amg gt3 is not great either

And my TS PC RACER wheel is not guilty here

I cant believe some people bashing RRE FFB

Will do some search to see how i can improve things but i am not overly impressed

Day night transition is nice though

Sector3 please,you know u can do it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Huge discrepancy between S397 cars and some Mods with regards to FFB but different doesn't always mean worse. Saying that some mods go straight in the bin as you can't polish a turd!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1