rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mihai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Motorsports games are up to something, acquiring both developers and licences left, right and centre. Hopefully to counter EA's decimation of smaller developers but more than likely just an EA clone. Proof will come with BTCC I guess, so either whoop, whoop we have some new blood n the game or oh shit there goes another one. I hope they at least try to get the most out of it, I'm guessing it's to go along with their purchase of the Le Man licence, thought that one was strange without owning anything to run said series on.

4. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Too early to say if this is for good or bad. In the end, big companies are always looking for profit and this worries me. What if rF2 will not bring them the money they expect? But, as I said, too early for now so let's hope for the best.

5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    If you ask me, I think this is more about using the expertise of S397 for the benefit of their own projects rather than the other way round. I don't really see how rFactor 2's development can be accelerated if a studio which is already too small starts to work on other projects as well...

6. David tabone

David tabone Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Along as raceroom doesn't change its ok

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    If it doesn't it will soon be dead

8. David tabone

David tabone Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I mean in turning from sim to arcade like project cars. What changes would you like?

9. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    24 hr. time cycle and weather would keep Raceroom in the running with any other sim out now.
    IMO :)

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Been asked on several threads and I kind of agree with it being a meaningful addition

But suggesting it would die if not implemented might be a bit extreme

11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    ^ that + safety car phase = R3E forever :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  12. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I'm alone with this, but I never understood why virtual racers want SC in-game.:D In real life, its only function is to protect the track workers during the aftermath of an incident. In the virtual world, this problem is non-existent. If someone damages the car to the extent it prevents him continuing, then he can and therefore should leave the track immediately. Why would we rob everyone else of 3-4 laps of racing, just because someone made a mistake somewhere?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Maybe adding another layer of immersion closer to real racing

But yes personally not a must

14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    An argument in favour of safety cars/cautions is it bunched the field up so you get another chance to catch up or change strategy. I think that it is a bit too complicated to work into the game and open for abuse à la crashgate Singapore.

15. crunchieRL

crunchieRL Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    All I know is NASCAR Heat isn't very good which I know was by another studio but comes under the Motorsport Games umbrella

16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    You are not alone, I am the minority here :) Look at the current games, even the game that claims to simulate certain very popular series does not have it. And in rF2, it did not receive a slightest touch of love in 4 years or so, and in recent FE content it got so bad that it blocks the track :( Which suggests - no one cares.

We are coming back to the same point as always - we all like different things. In this hobby, what I enjoy the most is the feeling of a real autosport event replicated as close to reality as possible, and in that things like rules and damage are crucial to me. Autosport is not free for all, you don't go ramming around, and there are rules, including, safety car phase. DTM has it too. I also like the mechanics of SС restart, the dilemmas it adds - to pit or not, when to pit, etc. I do agree that until we get marshals collecting debris, it is not _needed_ (heard that many times), but I personally find it to add to an autsport immersion, which is what I seek :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  17. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

Today it continues under the motto "Born in the U. S. A!"
    On the one hand, we are on the road in Indianapolis, in typical S397 quality, the official track from S397 and the brand new C8R Corvette GTE also from S397.

The driving experience is phenomenal and shows once again who is the king in the reference SimRacing

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    New roadmap update here. While I'm not against better looking for RF2 I want S397 to start looking more and more into physics and AI, two major selling points for RF2. I want to see more info regarding the future of RF2 now that they are owned by MsG.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    rFactor 2 | Aston Martin Vantage GTE #95 @ Nürburgring Nordschleife 24H