rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mihai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    To be found in Worserestershire, also known for it's famous Worserestershire sauce.:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    and it´s a good sauce! :D
    I guess we should stop now, since we are waaaaaay off topic ;)

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
  4. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Enduracers modding team will update their mods up to dx11 and fixed inertia values.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I went back to DX9. Although some issues are solved, the whole beta is to much of a hassle. Mods partially working, ISI content partialy working, tracklightning on DX9 tracks weird.

But when UI is updated, stock content and important mods are updated for DX11, I'm the first to install again. I saw a few wip's of the new UI, and it's looking very, very good. Makes it look less framework, more genuine sim.

Good to hear Enduracers MOD update to DX11 is being worked on.

If I only would now how to make a MOD myself I would try to create the LMP1 2017's from Porsche and Toyota.:cool:

6. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Just had a few "night" races on Toban and MillMetro - looks fantastic, and runs very smooth (since todays update)! Studio397 is making great progress in a very short time since. While I love R3E, rF2 for me just has the feel I don't get in any other sim and now with the DX11 work looking more up-to-date.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Roadmap update for may is out with some nice cool infos.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Endurance series mod was updated to dx11. You can download it from the modders site or subscribe to it on Steam.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Thanks - that was my entire evening gone (and not in download time, either, although it is BIG), and any chance of an early night!
    And now I found the Le Mans circuit on Race Dept.:)

But still.......There's something a bit lifeless about the tracks on RF2 compared with R3E. The standard ISI/Studio 397 and approved 3rd party tracks just seem a mostly vanilla choice. Maybe it's the UI when coming to choose a track? There's something missing, but I don't know what...and yes, I am running the DX11 version.

Tonight I will take advantage of the R3E spring sale, but then it's Endurance series mod for me. It must have been (is) a massive project and it is done to a very high standard.

We live in great times for Sim Racers.

10. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Just tried out several to DX11 updated tracks....WOW...:)
    While gaining on FPS, the tracks now look really good. They are lively, very detailed and are WAY better than AMS for the moment.
    There was that (don't know how to describe it exactly) 'pixelated, cartooney, overexposured' effect, but that is totally gone now.
    Feels and looks very real. Now they need to get their (and mod) cars up to the same standard.
    As I'm writing, it comes to mind that I have not tried rain and night yet. See if that got any better (looked like crap before)...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    OK, tried that on a few tracks too. Rain is still crappy looking compared to pCars (raindrops, wet track...) but night driving got better, closer how to real headlights are supposed to work.

But honestly, both are present and that is a good thing... :D

12. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    i tried it again a couple of weeks ago and it's definitely improving. But (to me at least) it goes to show just how bad it was that even with lots and lots of impressive improvements it's still a long way behind R3E. I know there's lots of awesome going on under the hood but I just can feel, see, hear or experience it when I play

13. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    It (still) is, but as I said (for me) day/night, weather and proper triple screen support are the things where R3E is limping behind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I am currently playing both rF2 and R3E. I absolutely love series in R3E, quality content. Really glad to see flags, but still hope to see safety car in the game. I do agree that lack of weather/daytime transition is an issue, but I also miss flat spots. I really enjoy the concentration and care required in rF2 during braking, and would like to see that in R3E.
    But, looks like future is bright - rF2 content is picking up (can't wait for T5 skinpack update), and we'll probably get weather in GTR3.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  15. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    June roadmap update is here.

Motec baby :) and of course more news.

• Like Like x 1
  16. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Rf2 50% off on Steam right now

17. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    More content is getting the upgrade to DX11...
    Higly improved I must say.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I definitely think that rf2. Is getting better by the updates. They seem commited. My only fear is... Will the modders keep up?

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I am honestly surprised by progress in that area. Enduracers migrated already (runs smooth and looks good), URD T5 is converted (I haven't tried it, waiting for skins), but most surprisingly tracks are getting ported, and thing is still in beta. Also, as a last resort post processing can be turned off and most content I tried worked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Forgot to disable PP. I knew some stuff wasn't quite working. I think I tested at some point so that must be it.

Thanks for reminding me :D