rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mihai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    How the hell did they manage that?!?
    MoTec has been adamantly opposed to re-entering the sim-world due to their products being used unlicensed.
    Not that I'm complaining. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Just to make sure we're on a same page - PP works as intended, but unless materials are updated it produces excessive bloom :) No need to disable PP on ported content. What's interesting though is that even without PP DX11 looks better :)

3. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, But I was getting weird reflections, a.e, on the flat 6 mod. A constant "white glow" when driving around Bathurst, a.e.
    This would depend on where the car was on the track because of the sun ofc, but it shouldn't be there when in cockpit mode. Not like that, at least.

Disabling PP would do the trick I suppose as it's the only change I remember doing. But I haven't had the opportunity to test yet.

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I don't think Flat6 was updated yet, that's why it is not compatible with PP. Enduracers is updated however. I've noticed no glitches, though I am the wrong person to ask as I don't care about visuals in racing games much.

5. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    To play in VR you have to overlook them, indeed.
    But I do care. Same about the sounds and everything that immerse me more while driving.
    Long is gone the time for bricks with physics. If we want to simulate we better simulate everything to the best cpu/gpu power allows, says I.
    I better just have PP off for the time being though unless there's an unknown way to go back and forth within rF2 . I doubt it because I think this is a setting that needs a reload.

6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Just discovered Townsville (AUS) which has been updated to DX11 ---> great track for throwing cars around... :)

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    on steam?

8. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
  9. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
  10. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Whats DX11?

11. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    New graphics technology to replace DX9 (DirectX).
    Works better, looks better and FPS gain.

12. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  13. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    In case of rFactor 2 this is actually questionable. Hopefully they will improve on it.

14. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    No, it is not questionable, not on my system anyway. I gained massive FPS, upgraded tracks look better than ever. I am VERY satisfied with the tracks, the cars however... (just talking about the looks, the driving is great).

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Radical SR3 RSX was released for RFactor 2. You can grab it on steam.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Did my first laps with it. Looks good to RF2 standards, but AI is really fast compared to any other car...:eek:
    Only tried at Oulton Park, a track that I know thoroughly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Already released the Radical? Nice. Need to test that - next week I hope.
    Need to subscribe it though before I forget about that one. I thought they've just released the media test ("watched" the simpit video earlier).

18. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Going to give the Radical another go.
    Seems I'm not the only one that has difficulties to compete with AI. I did not adjust anything yet (apart from FFB settings), and the bot cars just fly by on the straights. I can catch up a little in the corners, but then they just pull away. I even checked the calibration of my throttle pedal...:confused:
    Standard FFB is really not good in this car (while it is excellent in others). My Fanatec V2 almost rattled to pieces. I lowered FFB a bit, but then the wheel becomes too light and I am losing most of the feel of what the car is doing.
    Maybe I need to play with dampening ?
    Another thing I noticed is that the car has rather low grip. I'm comparing to the Radicals I have seen IRL on track, while being a passenger in a BMW silhouette car (at Spa). The Radicals just sticked to the track like nothing else I saw. One of them was driven by Eric van de Poele (former F1 driver), but still...

EDIT:
    - FFB smoothing to 3 (I otherwise never use smoothing) did the trick. FFB is now acceptable.
    - Tire temp is not working as it is supposed to. I can barely get some heat into them and then only when I'm sliding through the corners, just to loose all heat in the straights almost immediately. Lowering the pressure was impossible since it is already set to minimum.
    Raising the pressure to max (just to test) made the car slide more and for some reason gave a little bit higher temps. Definitely something wrong there.
    - Sound is not very satisfying either.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  19. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    S397 know there is an issue with the speed on straights and are going to tweak the ai

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Good to know since I love the Radical SR3. Did around 20 laps on Silverstone with AI on 95%. Normally I'm competitive with AI with this setting. But with the SR3 I'm nowhere.