Problem Ridiculous framerate at "Shanghai"

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by NoXiD, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Djpretface

Djpretface Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    ive done what JF sasid and that wroked for me so its good for now

2. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried MSI afterburner to monitor you card? (temp, gpu & mem usage)

Your PC should be able to handle this game just fine.
    I don't have Shanghai but maybe it uses more then 2GB video ram maxed out.

Try reducing texture resolution and turn off FSAA to see if that helps.

3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I can run a full grid with medium settings and car shadows/shadows off....I wouldn't do less than that......

• Like Like x 1
  4. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    A little bit off, but: can you show me your graphics settings please? :) I've got GTX 660, but in the previous versions of R3E, I wan't able to find the right one. :/

5. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0

Apologies, I've just tested some of these without seeing this but I can say that the reflections had the biggest impact on fps.

I did it opposite though and added the settings... My baseline was 100-255,
    Added track textures on high 90-240
    Took that off then added car reflections on high 70-140

My baseline was practically everything low or off btw. at other tracks this setting usually gets me over 300 fps...But as soon as I start putting the things in I usually run with, in a grid of 24, I get 40-100

I like to run vsync though for a smoother experience and can everywhere else.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    This is not the first time I see someone complaining about Gtx970.
    I really think something is going on here. Someone who has a Gtx970 versus older should not be having issues.
    I have a 770 and I run triple screen with pretty much everything on high and I sometime will get in the 50fps at worst.
    A dev need to look into what is happening with the new video card. Because its not a lack of processing power for sure. There is something else at play.

7. MrBiscotte

MrBiscotte Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Much better for me too. Thanks !

8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Smooth as silk here and using the same graphics settings I always do. Just doing a full grid WTCC race starting at the back - not a drop below 60fps.

GTX 780 + i5 2500k

9. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I have low frames 25-40, other tracks I have 50-60frames.:( I running this track with 23 cars in practice modus. I love this track, why the frames lowly???

10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I've got a huge variation on fps as low as 28 going up to 68fps, most of the circuit is around 35-38fps. Moderate graphics settings which are attached. Those settings see between 50-110fps on all other circuits.

Edit: Should probably mention seeing how I forgot to take a screenshot, resolution is 1280x720.

2015-06-09_00001.jpg 2015-06-09_00002.jpg 2015-06-09_00003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
  11. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    but what are those settings ;)

12. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I'm guessing setting "car reflections" to low = simple cube maps?

How do you disable reflections entirely?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Low reflections
    Shadow Split off
    No motion blur
    4xMSAA

Everything else to the max!!!

My point was, this track performs the same as all the others with my settings.

14. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
  15. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    same issues here. Running triples on an r9 290x, and this track is a dog. Even @ 5760x1080, the performance of this track is simply too low for the graphics i'm seeing on the screen with many options turned down low, As a big R3E fan i'm pretty disappointed with this purchase at the moment. Sonoma i managed to get running decently and still look good, but this is much worse. By the way - no grid of cars - leaderboard challenge here. CPU is i5 4690k @ 4.3ghz, 8gb ram

On a side note, tried to run my 2nd 290x in xfire to add some grunt for this track but can't get R3E xfire to work with AFR setting like i normally could on R3E (with issues, but still it used to work). Not sure what's going on there, could be me missing something, i'll try again some other time.

16. Mue

Mue Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    i have 60 fps all the time (medium settings)
    6 year old computer
    geforce 560 ti

nice track!

17. Peter Kerenyi

Peter Kerenyi Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Track FPS gets butchered for me only when that huge complex above the pitstop is visible. When I pass through it and i'm in the first corner for example, my frames are as good as ever, however when I take the turn and see it, or simply look behind my frames go down instantly... That complex may have a bit too many polygons... Tried lowering track LOD and textures, but frames are still dropping even if not that much, still huge latency in the wheel :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Don't know if this will help anyone but Nvidia graphics card users having framerate problems should try uninstalling GeForce Experience from their systems, should help to squeeze a few more FPS.
    Also anyone having problems with the Nvidia 970 it was well documented recently that there is a memory problem, worth popping to Nvidia's site and taking a look, believe there is a work round but don't quote me.
    Have a GTX780 myself but all is not roses, I get a lot of frame stutter, occasionally I can hop forward or backward 50 yards, if things weren't hard enough as it is! This I believe is connection or server issues as silky smooth in single player and pure eye candy! :cool:

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Since the shadow improvements shadow split off is not so much of a visual hit... So that now is off... I'll post my settings later cause I just had quick run before work but now with a grid of 24 wtcc I can get 70-100. So the smile is now creeping back up my smug little face. ;) cause now I vsync quite happily.

20. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    +Good idea, just did it and check it out now - anyway its just a silly little toy for those who are too lazy or are not experienced enough to tweak GFX settings...