Rigorous web development programs, similar to CS50?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Oliver Fischer, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Oliver Fischer

Oliver Fischer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Right now going through CS50 and really like how the course is set up and the difficulty. I want to shift my career into web development (with a decent computer science background) and am trying to plan out a course path.

I learn best through fairly difficult assignments, between a few hours of study. I don’t get much out of courses that have you either write isolated snippets of code, or hold your hand through a project. This seems to be the case most of the web development courses I’ve found. I also don’t get much out of only reading or watching videos without applying it to a project.

I can of course create my own projects, but ideally I’d like to follow a more structured approach. Video explanation is also really helpful. Hoping to get some advice.

I am currently employed and don’t mind paying for courses or nanodegrees if they provide what I’m looking for.

Thanks for any help.

2. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I completed CS50X in 2013 which is why I looked in this thread. I can't help but wonder though, why you would sign up for a sim racing game developers forum and then post about web design courses?

Regardless, there are videos of David Malans Harvard web design course, and others, available on YouTube. Google can probably help you find those and other similar courses. Good luck! :)

4. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    ... It's quite old now, but have a look at www.cs75.tv
    There is also a corresponding channel on YouTube :)