Released Road America

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I'm seeing this too, both with Group 5 (not only with the AI Vettes, I've seen Capris doing it) and even in the slower M1 Procar the AI seems to have issues in there by accelerating too early -- this was while playing with 102% AI. This makes them quite fast in that area when they don't scrape the wall, as they'll go full speed over the grass for a short amount of time.

3. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    Hi, guys I have a question.

I noticed that a bridge near the last corner called Road America's mitchell bridge was removed.

When was it removed?
    Is there anyone who knows the reason for being removed?

In 2001 CART it was very impressive that Memo Giddley crashed into the wall of the bridge and crashed.

4. Olijke Poffer

Olijke Poffer Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Safety I guess..

5. Lucas dos Santos

Lucas dos Santos Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    According with RacingCircuits.Info site, the bridge was removed and replaced by a tunnel in 2006, for safety reasons:

"Other changes include drastic enlargement of run-off areas and gravel traps, particularly at turn one and the removal of the bridge at Turn 13 after the 2006 season. This had always proved troublesome, as the abutment was in the middle of the corner, providing competitors with an unappealing route straight into a concrete wall should things go wrong. Jerry Titus, perished from injuries sustained at this spot 1970 when his Pontiac Trans-Am Firebird ran wide and impacted the wall, while Memo Gidley was extremely fortunate to escape with a broken arm when his Ganassi-run Champ Car did much the same in 2001. A tunnel now provides access to the infield between Turns 13 and 14".

http://racingcircuits.info/north-america/usa/road-america.html

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  6. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    THX
    It was to study!

7. flumy

flumy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey there!

Just wanted to ask if maybe one of the track desingers might be able to have a look at the exit curbstone of "The Kink" again. At the moment, the curbstone ends quite a bit to early, wich is why you end up on the grass very often at corner exit.

For better understanding see the attached image, which can help clarify the issue. In real life the curbstone goes up to the point where the concrete wall ends at the green armco starts on the left side of the track. While that is exactly the case in the game as well, that very point is actually quite a lot further down the track in real life. If you count the yellow (or red) segments of the curbstone you will end up at fifteen in real life while it´s only nine in game right now.

I honestly don´t know how difficult it is do change that for you guys, but if it is possible that would be a real improvement to the track. Thanks a lot!

Attached Files: