Bug Rolling start procedure in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by elkingdu50, Mar 6, 2021.

1. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Hello to Sector3 !

After a good look on the community support forum, it dosen't seem this issue has been reported yet but if it has been already reported and investigated, then I excuse myself in advance for making a useless topic.

As the title suggests, my concern is about the rolling start procedure in multiplayer.

According to the little inforamtion I gathered so far, it seems the procedure needs some fine tuning under certain circumstances. I don't know if it happened on all tracks or only a few. What I know is the procedure works just fine when we are few drivers at the start (around 10) but the procedure might fail for at least one driver with more people at the start (around 20 and more) like the video below shows :

Big thanks to Pawel Myslinski for the video.

What happened on the video isn't a first unfortunately. Something similar (not as bad) happened in one of our races. In training (we tend to be around 10 people in our training), the rolling start worked just fine but the day of the race, the procedure failed for one of our driver and it caused a mess for half of the grid. The failure happened in MotorLand Aragon, with 17 people on the brand-new GT2 class.

A important precision : all of that happened when the AI still have the control of the car.

And that's it for the post.

I will end it by saying my thanks to Sector3 for all the work done on RaceRoom :)

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    We had a problem with the rolling start in our latest series too, and it was also Motorland Aragon. 20+ people on the grid, and about halfway down one AI controlled car just spun out as soon as we started rolling. It caused the rest of the grid behind him to stop while the AI recovered, leaving us with two packs far apart when the race actually began.

All other rounds of the series seemed to work flawlessly, so perhaps this is and issue with Aragon rather than the rolling starts in general.

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    this one Laguna seca has been fixed internally ; with a rolling start generally the cars should spawn 500m back ; the spawn point was wrong just a few meters back

Andi

4. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Guess what ? This is what happened to us. Exactly the same.

Thank you for your answer. So the issue seems more track related that procedure related If I understand correctly. That is quite the relief to be honest :)

5. Soddyn

Soddyn Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Not really the exact same issue, but I didn't want to start another thread. The car in p2 didn't start and everyone except p1 braked during the start procedure, so there was a huge gape between p1 and everyone else. Here's the video