Question rotation of wheel in game with actual wheel in VR?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by 1978rocafella, Aug 18, 2017.

1. 1978rocafella

1978rocafella Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    does anyone know, if the rotation of the actual wheel should be matching the in game wheel rotation while in VR? i have Oculus Rift and is never matching it the in game rotation, my actual wheel turns more or vice versa. any suggestions or recommendations to remedy this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if it is update related, but I do no think it was like that before the update.
    Driving in VR, with my CSR Elite, if I set the SEN of my wheel to Auto, the game change the rotation of my wheel to match the wheel rotation of the car I am driving, but the wheel animation in my goggles does not match my game wheel rotation. I f I set my CSR Elite SEN to 900, then the animation in my goggles match my game wheel travel.
    R3E is the only SIM where I have that issue. In AC, ACC and PCars2, the wheel in game always match my CSR Elite travel with the setting on auto.

4. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    There is an additional wheel animation setting in the gameplay options. This should be set to ‘match setup’ to work with the automatic wheel range adjustments

5. lrystedt

lrystedt Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thomas,

the wheel match does not work as intended after the patch, I wrote about it here for the G920: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...etup-setting-is-well-not-matching-g920.14111/

It does not match any in car setting unless you go into car settings for each individual car and set it to your wheel range,
    in my case 900 degrees. This is noticable on all cars i tried and most prominent in the Audi lmp1 which have an in car range of
    about 300. It was absolutely impossible to get it out of pits as it would not turn!
    And while your looking at this thread, could you have a look at the Logitech G920 default setup? It is giving no detail while in corners it is clipping through the roof, kind of defeats its purpose of a default if its not working :(