Problem RR3 and Reverb?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Munty, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Munty

Munty New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Is there anyone out there running RR with an HP Reverb? I could do with some advice.

Everything is plugged in and up to date, working with other apps fine, but starting with -vr1, 1.1, 1.5, 2, etc, I just get a black screen, no display at all. Can't think this is anything to do with quality settings as the game doesn't get that far. This isn't another game that gets confused when there are 2 gpus installed is it?

Anyway, any ideas?
    Thanks.

2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    WMR and SteamVR up and running? No need for the -vr as you can start R3E from within Steam and then click on „Raceroom in VR mode 64 bit“ (or similar, don’t really now the wording)

3. Steven Poirier

Steven Poirier New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I use reverb and works great. Make sure to bind center vr button. When first starting RaceRoom I find it puts you above the screen so all you see is black till you re-center.

4. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Press the Center VR button.

5. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    With a Reverb you should start the Windows Mixed Reality Portal before launching the game. Makes it easier to connect to SteamVR in my experience. In the Reverb you see RaceRoom starting... after a couple of seconds. After that the RaceRoom windows appears somewhere mostly deep down below you. This is why you need Center VR bound before starting in VR. RaceRoom doesnt safe the position of the recentered window so you have to do this everytime you start RR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    It’s SteamVR what isn’t saving your position. Raceroom gets the data from it.

I never understand, why SteamVR can’t save those.

• Like Like x 1