Bug RTX 3080 lag spikes; stutters; no FFB

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by NusPojava, Mar 10, 2022.

1. NusPojava

NusPojava New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ever since I upgraded from a 1080 Ti to a 3080, RaceRoom has been unusable due to constant lag spikes, and completely losing FFB.
    The lag spikes are really weird given that they are more severe, the more bumps you go over.

With the old 1080Ti, I could run max settings, now, at max settings, the 3080 is running at a constant 100%, and it's on a pretty high load, even on everything set to the lowest setting.
    GPU drivers are the latest version, recently updated. The latest version has the same result, no improvement after updating.

Let me know if you need more information.

2. NusPojava

NusPojava New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Video of the behavior below

3. NusPojava

NusPojava New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Can you post a gpu-z screenshot?

5. NusPojava

NusPojava New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

• 1.gif
      1.gif
      File size:
      24.1 KB
      Views:
  6. NusPojava

NusPojava New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am doing a clean install in the meantime, let's see if that helps

7. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Hi, did you try to completely uninstall all NVIDIA components ?
    I would strongly recommend this as I had similiar problems with several games.

A standard uninstall by windows or nvidia tools does usually not really uninstall everything.

I used this tool which is really great and removes any fragments of the driver installation.

And please install purely the drive, keep hands off from Geforce Experience, this is causing so many problems.

Hope this helps

I have a RTX 3080 too and I have a superb performance as you can see in my video

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Haven't heard about that in regards to Raceroom. Do you have any examples?

9. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    It was causing me a lot of microstuttering, in nearly any games, Raceroom too. So after doing complete removal and new installation without GEx everything was fine.
    Tried to install GEx again and I ran into the same problems.

Was fighting half a year with GEx and finally I decided to leave it off my PC. Never had any problems again since.

I think it's not specific for Raceroom, but in General, but might have also been a special constellation on my PC.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. What functionality did you use? Advanced FPS counter? Auto recording last X minutes of gameplay?

11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Swapping my gpu tonight. If you don't have geforce experience installed do you still get driver updates or do you have to do then manually?

12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Geforce Experience is truely not needed for "enhancing and optimizing" gameplay.At least i can say you do better without it .
    With a 1080TI It causes me more trouble and stutter in some games.Uninstalled it month ago,no troubles at all.Speaking for my system.

13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    So if I uninstall it do I have to do drivers manually?

14. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    do I have to do drivers manually?
    --> YES

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
  16. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    @NusPojava What steering wheel are you using? I remember there were some strange and quite severe performance issues with certain Fanatec drivers in the past.

And regarding Geforce Experience...

I use Geforce Experience mainly as in the past I suddenly began to have trouble installing drivers downloaded from nVidia. When you download a driver from nVidia without Geforce Experience, you are prompted to give information about your GPU, OS version and so on. And no matter how often I did this and re-checked every time that I had entered everything correct, when I wanted to install the driver, it told me that my system is not compatible with this driver and all I could do was cancel the installation. I did this hundreds of times before without any issues whatsoever, but suddenly I just couldn't install nVidia drivers any more. This was also the case with a freshly installed Windows. With Geforce Experience on the other hand, I never had any trouble installing the latest driver. And apart from it being rather useless (for me at least) outside of installing drivers, I never had any trouble with Geforce Experience. I know at least one or two other people having had the exact same issue with installing drivers directly downloaded from nVidia. I also tried to go back to installing drivers without Geforce Experience months later, but the situation persisted and at some point I just gave up and continued to use Geforce Experience.

Back then I searched Google, but never found a cause, let alone a solution or hardly even a report of others having the same issue. I found this rather strange, because as I mentioned I personally knew others having the exact same issue, so couldn't help but wonder why I could find nearly nothing about it on the interwebs.

I have no idea what caused this behaviour in the past. I did not change GPU or anything when this happened for the first time, and later I even noticed the same behaviour also on a laptop. And remember, this also happened on a vanilla Windows installation. GPU drivers are usually the first thing I install, so nothing should be able to interfere here.

But this is also some years ago by now. In the meantime I swapped from Win 7 to 10 and now 11 and also swapped GPU (and more) recently, so I could make another attempt at installing only the driver by itself. But then I'm also looking to change my gaming screen from a 1080p TV to a 4k TV and might need the recently added functionality of a DLSS-like feature in Geforce Experience which is supposed to work with every game, not only natively supported. Especially for Elite Dangerous Odyssey. As far as I'm aware this feature is not in the driver, but only Geforce Experience.

17. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I do it manually, its even better then have it done automatic, especially when a buggy version is released, what happend already in the past. So usually I wait about one week, check the web if any complaints are about the new release, if not then I am going to update.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. NusPojava

NusPojava New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, so after going through every comment here, I decided to completely uninstall the GPU drivers.
    Installed them manually, the issue persists.
    Reinstall the game, the issue persists.
    Uninstall the GPU drivers yet again, only this time via Geforce Experience. Install them via Geforce Experience.
    Voila, the game was back to normal. No idea how that worked, since everybody suggested avoiding using Geforce Experience.

Additionally, I have a Fanatec CSW 2.5. Updated the drivers and firmware to that as well in the midst of all this, no update, the issue persisted.

God knows what happened, but I am glad it's finally over.

• Informative Informative x 1