Bug Rumble strip FFB "continues" when on tarmac (possible Bug)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MarcG, Apr 13, 2020.

1. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

Something I've noticed from time to time is a weird FFB effect especially noticeable at Brands Hatch @ Surtees into McLaren on the Right hand rumble strip, when the car (AudiTT '16) comes off the rumble strip the FFB continues the rumble effect for quite a few meters as though the shocks are the bouncing up and down for far too long.
    This is something I've noticed with all Default FFB values and with my own personal settings (so it's not something I've changed thats caused it).

I don't notice this off any other rumble strip at Brands, in the past I seem to recall another track it happens at, either way it's very odd and definitely not correct IMO.

I'll report back when I feel it next at any other track/car combo, in the meantime anyone else felt this weird FFB?

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
  3. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    @MarcG What wheel/wheel base are you using?

4. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    As per my sig T300RS :)
    Just to add this is also with default Thrustmaster Control Panel settings with Strength at 75, I'll take a closer look tonight (same car/track) and drive over slowly to see if it happens as so far I've only noticed this behaviour at full race speed.

5. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I don't think this is a new bug as I'm sure I've felt this in the past with my fanatec v2.5 wheel base.

I always wondered if it was the back wheels still going over the rumble strips even tho the front wheels should have been well and truly off. I can't remember which tracks it was on so I'll report back here if I notice it again

6. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson

Ok more testing and I remembered the other track/car I've noticed it on;

- At Speed in the Audi '16 the FFB issue continues when the wheels are under load, if driven in a straight line the rumble strip FFB finishes at the end of the rumble strip.
    - If I keep the fronts under load and don't brake for the long right hander (Clark Curve) I can feel the FFB issue right across the whole track until I go onto the grass.
    - The other track was the Dubai Club Circuit and in the WTCC '19 Seat, after the uphill tight "chicane" there's an uphill Left turn (Red circle in picture attached), this issue I'm noticing also happens at this spot, again the FFB rumble strip effect lasts across the track and again it's only at this location on the whole Club circuit (like Brands, just one spot) and under load.

If there's anything specific you require or further testing here/elsewhere just shout, thanks :)

dubai.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the details, I'll try to reproduce it tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    @MarcG I've been trying to reproduce what you've reported but to no avail.

I wonder if anyone else will come forward with the same issue so we can work out what's going off.

9. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Ok Alex no worries, it's not game breaking by any stretch just "noticeable" but thanks for trying, if I could find a way of recording it somehow I would but not sure I can.