Running 16bit software on 64bit OS is possible

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fufsgfen, Jun 19, 2019.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Must be my happiest computer related event for more than 5 years, finally I can have easy to use buttons and 1:1 size A4 paper on screen with Excel and calendar at the same time, good bye Office 365 subscription with constant data leeching!
    upload_2019-6-19_20-40-19.png
    No more flat UI design ore ribbons to wreck any little productivity that I might out of myself anymore, finally proper clear UI design and reclaimed screen estate.
    Oh and some might notice gigantic buttons on title bar, that is modern windows smallest possible size, about 200% of what those used to be back when bread tasted good and all that :p

Just compare that beauty to one of the worst flat UI things I can think of, see how gigantic tiles that don't offer any information are size of A4 sheet of paper and empty space wastes screen real estate, I'm not a modern computer user for sure as I just can't adjust to like this kind of horror and these days lot of software uses web pages as user interfaces, with flat design style like this horrible web page below:
    upload_2019-6-19_20-46-49.png

Two extremes, I prefer old one thank you :)

If you need to run 16bit software on 64bit system from some reason, this is the tool:
    https://github.com/otya128/winevdm

Not the perfect, there are hiccups of course, but works enough well for my small use and at least I'm super happy that I can have my clutter again :)