RX 480 or T300

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Not Lifting Off, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    ?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  2. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    For wheels:
    I highly Recommend Fanatec. They are a bit pricey, but well worth it. One thing Fanatec seems to have on the competition is their pedal bases. The T300 looks nice, but I know nothing about thrustmaster. I know my old GT3Rs was a leaguer better than my old G27. I now have a the CSW V1.0, which is a world apart from my GT3RS which I still have, but I lost the power pack or I would have it on Ebay.

As for GPU's:
    I would say the market gonna be unstable for a bit, and you probably should wait. Both cards are commonly sold out which drives prices up. I have a slightly less card than you and I am waiting. I have the HD7950

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. DriftMachine

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
  4. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    @DriftMachine - I managed to buy a secondhand set of CSR Elite Pedals in good condition for £80 on eBay recently, and finally bought a T300 wheelbase and Leather 28 GT rim this week - I have one problem with these pedals with R3E however - for some reason the throttle input from my CSR Elite Pedals is inverted - so when not depressed acceleration is at 100% and when fully depressed is at 0%, but I can't see anyway in R3E to invert the inputs, unlike in AC or AMS, where they work fine. Any suggestions?

These more details in this thread. Because of this, I've not been able to use these pedals (nor my new wheel, as no way to drive!) in R3E, only in other sims so far.

5. DriftMachine

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Controls/ Primary Functions press the Pedal down then double click Accelerate, and let off the Pedal.. This should invert you. It works on most games where there is an inversion issue.

Sometimes this happens due to driver issue. Have you installed the driver and used the profiler? Sometimes simply opening it up can fix issues.

You should download the latest one and save it in many places, if you have not already. This file is disappearing. The firmware is gone, and the USA site is blank for drivers.

Hope this does something for you.
    https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/support/product;old_product_id;101
    rr1.JPG rr2.JPG

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    @DriftMachine - BTW the throttle pedals seems to have a little notch just before the end of travel which I have to press through to reach full travel, is this normal, or is there a way to fix this?

@Not Lifting Off - Sorry for hijacking the OP a little. The FFB on the T300 feels very smooth and the wheel is very quiet in operation, apart from the fan (which I've set to leave on all the time, to help prevent any overheating issues), but the noise it makes isn't that loud and is constant, so not irritating.

8. Jazz Forsberg

Jazz Forsberg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Correct.
    I think not. Try DXTweak to adjust it.

9. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean so that I can change the deadzone so that I can register full travel before the notch? Though would be better if there is a way to fix the hardware problem with there being a notch in the first place - the clutch pedal doesn't have this, just moves smoothly all the way to the end of its travel

10. Jazz Forsberg

Jazz Forsberg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    That would be my last choice. But its a workaround if anything else fails.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Okay, think I've fixed this issue, by tightening the spring a little, by moving the nuts a little away from the pedal, and also by lubricating all moving parts lightly with nano oil. :)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. DriftMachine

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    These pedals have all sorts of great adjustments. You can even separate them from the base and mount them direct to your rig. This is the one thing it has over the Clubsport model. I plan to mount the Gas pedal to my floor of my rig. Just haven't got to it yet.
    I have the gas on the opposite side so I can mount it upside down. To get true to life action so heal to toe works proper I need to mount the gas on the floor.

I have tons of load cells if ever need one.

I also make a handbrake that plugs directly into this unit. You can try to make it your self, or I have 3 units I have not sold yet. I stopped selling them because the base must be used via separate usb, and people didn't like that, and felt my price $150 was too high. Below is incomplete instructions to make your own. If you are serious about it, I can share whatever I missed.
    http://imgur.com/m8nJGKZ
    20160713_193712.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  13. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I don't have space to mount a handbrake or shifter currently, but may get Fanatec's inversion kit for the Elite pedals, which I think is still available.

14. DriftMachine

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Make one. I did not either, but i wanted an H-shifter so I made a spot. It took some thinking and a little effort, but wasn't all that hard.

15. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Ive got 4 edtrackers for sale if anyone wants to buy one. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

16. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I've just sent you a PM about this...

17. Not Lifting Off