International [S3] Community Race | F4 @ Oschersleben - Tonight 19:30

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Georg Ortner, May 6, 2016.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I'll bring my favorite NSU.....just stay out of my way. :p:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. F19_CoNa

F19_CoNa Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Will try to join.

3. Darkenend

Darkenend New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Count me in!

4. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Hoping to make this one

5. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    I might not be able to restart the Server due to a technical issue, so please dont join before 19:00 CEST (5h from now).

6. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully I can get in on the fun! We need a sector3 teamspeak :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Georg Ortner

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Ok guys, lets join!

I´m streaming here:

8. Georg Ortner

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Well, that was fun :)

Congratulations to the podium and everyone who finished. Good job!

9. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    It was fun for the most part. Got wiped out by one of the recovering prototypes. Some of the prototypes were a bit feisty when lapping us but okay overall. Had a nice battle with a certain Mr. Bell in a RUF and an M6. Messed up the fueling - thought safe was gonna put in a safe amount of fuel but apparently not :/ Had to make a splash for the end.

10. nonomnismoriar

nonomnismoriar Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Really a fun race! Had the same problem with the fuel although "safe" was in the preset I ran out of fuel (after 2 pitstops) 10min before the end of the race - so I was the one DNF at the end of the list. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  11. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What a crazy first 30 minutes of this race... There was a huge battle with Georg, Niki, Alex, Bence and Fabian. We started to lap cars really quickly, unfortunately a few of us crashed with some GT3, but I survived. Then for the rest of the race I could keep cool and drive my car at my own pace. See you next time!

12. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    superbe bagarre entre A.Dornieden et G.Ortner :);)
    Good Job !

13. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Had a nice race too. I had three very nice and fair battles with Mr. Ulrik, Mr. Kasapov and Mr. Bell. The first two of them I finally had to let go, the latter had to let me go. ;)

While most of them were driving very respectful, a little more care from some of the P1 guys would be nice though. Especially Mr. Bánki was bashing through the GTs quite ruthlessly. And calling other pilots idiots and assholes in the process also didn't help to make him any more likable. o_O

It's quite difficult to exactly estimate when a prototype will be at your tail using the mirrors. They don't give a good estimation of distance and/or speed of approach. While looking back gives a good estimation, we can also not constantly look back or constantly drive off line to not be in the way just in case.

Please keep this in mind and just be careful on approach. Btw. I usually flash my lights to show that I saw the faster car and that NOW is the right time to pass me. Did that help anyone...? :D

14. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I wondered how you guys were gonna handle traffic.

I saw a quote from what Prototype drivers prefer at Le Mans.
    The faster classes should drive around the slower classes - the slower car maintain their normal racing line so the faster class doesn't have to guess/interpret/look for.... any signs of what the car in front is going to do.
    No confusion. Just additional "racecraft" on the part of the faster classes.
    Sometimes "being nice" and trying to get out of the way causes more problems.
    ------------------------------
    Apparently, "I" ran out of fuel before the race even started.
    Took a short nap to prepare for the race...(half hour, I thought). Woke up 8 hours later.

uh...I mean...someone stole my NSU from the paddock!
    Sorry I missed it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. oscark1292

oscark1292 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Same here...had a great race, may not have been the fastest ;)... but fun... after the having been shot off twice by P1 drivers, I gave up.
    Shame... hope next time better.. ??!:)

16. Georg Ortner

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Race from my perspective is up on youtube (starts 42:00)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Remind me not to turn in on you, in a chicane (at about 57s). :D

18. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I tried to join during qualy but the race had already started :( Glad to see 32 joined though.

19. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I think there is a small misunderstanding with the lapping. GTs are not expected to stay on the ideal line, but they are expected to maintain their line.
    Example on Nürburgring is the Schumacher S, where the ideal line is that you enter on the right, hit the kerb on the left, hit the kerb on the right and then drift out to the left on the exit again. If you do that, a prototype has to brake like crazy. So what is usually done is that you exit the section on the right to give the prototype the outside. So you are not driving ideal line but stay right and are predictable. But on the entry of the section, you take the ideal line, cause otherwise you have to enter the corner in an odd place on the outside in your GT and are likely to miss it or cause trouble.

Same thing in the left-right before the backstraight, enter it normal, but when you exit the first bit (the left-hander), don't cross over all the way to the left again, then you are blocking the prototype. And of course, if a prototype goes on the inside in a slow corner with the better brakes, you have to give him room too.

There are always two parties involved, it's particularly difficult in a funrace with a random grid where most people have no experience with the car-track-combination. For my part I thought most drivers did a good job, I wasn't involved in an incident with any GT3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Bence Bánki

Bence Bánki Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    You're right, I'd like to apologize for being short-tempered. I don't usually get that passionate and it clearly was a huge mistake to deal with the backmarkers' behaviour during the race. I'm still a bit inexperienced in endurance racing so I must take the blame for one crash at least. :( However, I think some GT3 guys should've been a lot more well prepared and pay more attention as well. Dangerous moves while being lapped should be avoided on all occasions.

Despite certain difficulties, I enjoyed the race a lot. I'd like to have a bit more of this racing, and next time maybe give Rob a run for his money! ;)