Bug Sachsenring [notes]

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Arcson, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Since I find that circuit quite fun and I run races on it often, there are things that got my attention. Forgive me the screenshoot form, but it happened to be the quickest way of sharing my concerns as it kills two birds with one stone :)

So here's the thing:
    AI, regardless of its difficulty, takes a weird path on the S/F line. To be more precise, it happens right by the end of the pitlane wall. It looks like someone was drawing the AI line and didn't match the start and the end of it. As a consequence, AI takes a quick left turn without any reason. Its quite easy to reproduce as it seems to be regardless of a car class as well.

Turn 10 and Turn 11. It seems AI loses too much speed in there and they are just too easy to be overtaken. It looks like they are overcautious and its making the races too predictable. It's probably regardless of the AI difficulty, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm usually running 102-105% and sometimes I experiment with AA.
    [​IMG]

2. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm the T11 thing for Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, level 100. Very slow the AI there, maybe afraid of heights so they take a Gedenksekunde before diving down to T12! ;-)

3. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I don't think this was taken into account yet, so I'll bump the topic with a short video as an attachment ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    It's weird how some AIs swerve very noticably and some don't do anything at all.

5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Already working on everything that's been mentioned here :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1