Sadly, I am deleting RaceRoomExperience. Here's why

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vanopaniashvili, May 20, 2020.

1. vanopaniashvili

vanopaniashvili New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps nobody cares about what im doing, but that's not what im trying to say here.

A few while ago there was an update which tweaked/changed the way cars acted on rev limiter & upshifts.

Ater that update literally every car sounds like a lawn mower on rev limiter and shifts like instantly without any sense of mechanical feeling it had before. Is this considered as a progress?

I was a huge fan of GT2RS Clubsport. It sounded amazing in every aspect! Shiftups had a mechanical feeling to it and rev limiter was spot on! After that update, now car shifts up instantly without any mechanical feel to it and rev limiter sounds like a literal joke. They are sped up and lost their original mechanical feel to it.

Because of this i lost the natural vibes RRE was giving to me and unfortunately i have to delete it. It can't deliver the same experience as before... cars literally lost soul, i can't enjoy driving them anymore.

This was the main issue i wanted to talk about here. I hope one day this will be sorted out.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    The ideal would be to comment on it, it is not to my liking, the latest sound updates. !!!!! But to uninstall it !!!!!! if I like something about the developers. It is that they listen, and if many people comment on the problems, I am convinced that they will solve it, but if they only report 2 out of thousands of players, I do not think they will change anything. Raceroom has always been listed as one of the best sounds. Personally I am more unhappy with the loss of details of the ffb. but that is another subject

4. vanopaniashvili

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Vale, That's why im here today. I seen that update and i tested it out. Nothing seems to be changed much.
    I hope one day this will be sorted out. I never had such experience in any sim. It felt so natural before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Was this ffb related?
    Did you try to increase shift effect in ffb settings?

I agree, limiter feels a bit toothless tiger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I only have about 250 hours but I’ve also stepped away from this title which makes me a bit sad. I really think the physics have improved a lot and everything is headed in the right direction but the ffb is lifeless and feels almost overly smoothed compared to any other title (even with a DD wheel). It almost reminds me of where ACC was in the early releases.

I always lean towards a more authentic feel and less road noise and other gimmicky effects but today the steering just feels really muted and dull.

Appreciate your work Alex and engagement with the community on this. Just another survey point to consider.

7. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I think everything is improved from the physics to the ffb and if you are willing to spend a little more time to tweak ffb, you will find it excellent. As for the sound in my personal opinion never been better but must be said that some sounds are out of sync (minor fix). The beauty is if you dont like specific sounds you can easily turn it down in sound menu. I think its fantastic.
    In addition, ffb is not lifeless at all. Turn the engine vibration and gear shifting up and you will love it. However, if you are not fan of named above, Sector 3 may have to come up with road surface details/ effects in order to patch the hole between the active and non active ffb if I could put it this way.
    To uninstall the game is a bit premature decision. No mater how angry you get at it, there is no need to give yourself more work because i am sure you will re install it again at some point. Either way the decision is up to individual.

• Like Like x 2
  8. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Maybe vanopaniashvili means that the upshifts are too smooth ? I'm a big fan of RRE physics but one weak point IMO is the clutch behaviour. It doesn't "bite" enough, jumping to any other sim (ACC, AMS2, iRacing, even PC2) makes it very clear. Upshifts in sequential cars in RRE aren't "rough" enough, they lack character and seem smoothed out like in a road car.

9. vanopaniashvili

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I didn't meant anything about FFB guys. In fact im player from Live For Speed and i was racing with mouse & keyboard.
    My post was based purely on feelings it was giving without any kind of FFB.

10. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    In that case disregard my comment. I cant even imagine driving raceroom without direct drive....controller, mouse and keyboard would be....no go mate .