Sale prices !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I can't, and I don't think it's right. But I'm not making those decisions. If I were, I would have one sales channel, not several.

Asking the same question as above, which other business does that unconditionally, i.e. without a subscription fee or inflated base prices or any other "pitfall"?

Not sure what you're expecting anyone to say to this. I don't think anybody else can justify decisions you chose to make. Apparently you kept buying content in pieces, but why did you do that if you don't even play the game that often? And does that $30 game still get updated?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  2. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Most games on Steam are not continously development products with new stuff constantly being added... also, like you've said, games get cheaper when they get older, but Raceroom is still charging top prices for old cars running ancient physics, which might or might not be eventually updated.

This problem will increase with time, due to the continuous development nature of the game. The industry moves foward, new sims will keep coming and Sector 3 will constantly be playing catch-up to keep the game up-to-date, which will turn into an impossible task for such a small company trying to work on new stuff and update the old stuff at the same time. In the long term it will only get harder and harder to justify the prices in comparison with other sims in the market, I think.

3. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    But doesn't that also apply to iracing?

4. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    you guys can cry all you want. I'm getting motegi :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Maybe... there's a reason why I don't play iRacing.
    However they do offer an online service that is still kinda unique (for now) and somewhat justifies the price for those looking for that kind of competitive experience. They also seem to have a bigger team and more regular "meaty" updates to keep stuff up to date, but this last point is just my perception from an "outsider".

Regardless of what we say and how smart our arguments might be, at the end of the day people will vote with their wallet and that's all that matters ;)

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Yes !

• Like Like x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    And i will buy that also just adding to my ever growing $ amount ! As i said it's made me reconsider purchasing not that i wont , lol , as long as they keep pushing out quality content i will buy it and just not go through adding up how much i've spent !

I guess i'm just not used to the way R3E sells its content , where other games you just buy up front and can buy all content on day one with season pass but R3E is a free game but sell content as wanted . It's just the only game that i have that does it that way and i will just have to get used to it i guess ;)

8. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    And the price we have to pay for this nice track doesn't even cost as much as my delicious ice cream i bought yesterday evening and my ice cream was gone in a few minutes :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Care to share which $30 title that is then?

10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Ben & Jerry's halfbaked? cookie dough? chocolate fudge brownie?

11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    and bugfixes don't count as "continuous support and updates" :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Self made (not me) ice cream : chocolate, pistachio and Banana with whipped cream :cool:

13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    eeww.. banana and pistacchio have nothing to do in ice cream. .. you fool.. :eek::D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I really have no problem whatsoever with S3's method of doing business, it's pretty clear and simple if you ask me, others have differing opinions of course but to me the ' if you want something, you pay, you get ' system is a common practice in Blighty. What I don't get, is the more loyal you are the more you pay aspect of this partnership, just seems a tad counter productive, perhaps an early buy discount would not only boost initial uptake of content but benefit those who have supported S3 since their creation, along the rocky road to where we stand now.
    Oh and Bubbles, this tightass has spent more than most, has never benefited from a sale and complain so rarely, I disappoint oneself, just so unlike me, be a real shame to now have to show my dark side!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I'm curious in which way WTCR cars will be sold.
    As a pack including all liveries? Or each car and livery by itself like the “Porsche-DLC #1?
    Where else do I have to purchase content of a DLC separately including a car with one livery after more than 6 months?
    Thats the only thing that makes me pxxxxed.
    And so I'm waiting for the right moment to pick the Premium Pack, if it's still available then and I still think of a sim I played most some time.:(

16. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    A bit thin-skinned for sb who habitually calls me Bubbles... Must be that heat wave. ;) But just to be absolutely sure, I wasn't being serious with the pinchpurse, it was only said in jest, you skinflint. :p

An early adopters discount? That's pretty creative, but as for permanent loyalty discounts, is there any other company offering that? I wouldn't wanna work the helpdesk during the week after that early buyers discount has run out...

Look, don't get me wrong, I never meant to imply that the current pack discount voucher strategy is good. I totally agree that it's a huge flaw if at any point it becomes more affordable (reasonable) for a premium pack owner to create a new account and buy the premium pack again rather than adding newly released content to his existing account. That's just nonsense, no way of arguing that.

I just want to point out two things:
    Firstly, there are special offers (those deals this thread used to be about originally) and they also apply for people who bought the premium pack in the past. So saying that there's no way to buy stuff with a considerable deduction after you've spent your bulk vouchers ("packs") is just factually wrong. I think I have an idea about what's the main issue for standing customers with this. Those deals are lacking the exclusivity, they're not seen as loyalty rewards because everybody can take advantage of them (even tho from my pov they don't make much sense for new customers, they are always better off taking advantage of the packs).

And secondly, asking for a permanent loyalty discount doesn't have much to do with common sense from my pov. No company does that unconditionally (see above), hence I just don't see that happening here either. You all can believe this or not, but we (testers) have been thinking and discussing and making suggestions about this topic more than a couple times internally. My latest suggestion came down to a system similar to those loyalty punch cards you get at some coffee shops f.e. (buy 10, get the 11th free). Buy a certain number of items or spend a certain amount of vRP and get a one-time discount voucher of xx% (that doesn't stack with packs). While, strictly speaking, that also isn't a loyalty but more of a bulk discount, it would give you back sth.
    So, yeah, I'm not against a loyalty scheme, quite the opposite, but a permanent added discount or cutting prices by half permanently as suggested above just won't happen, and there are justifiable reasons for that.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  18. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    We should keep in mind that Beta testers get all content free,
    both within the beta and the regular game.
    So certain opinions aren't swayed by the balance between wallet and content.;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i read somewhere that this is not the point

20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    While that's true, I think the vast majority of testers are people who had bought content prior to joining the team, just like myself. There are people who actually never paid for any content, and they're commonly referred to as 'devs' around here. So their opinion also shouldn't carry weight when it comes to this topic? ;)
    But unlike those guys we're not getting reimbursed for the time we put into bug hunting, which, even if we assume a minimum wage, adds up to many times the amount you could ever spend on RR content. So maybe it's understandable that my commiseration with people complaining about the lack of permanent discounts is a bit limited. ^^

However, I'm always open for constructive criticism and reasonable suggestions/requests, so feel free to share either.