Sale prices !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Jul 5, 2018.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Personally it's not so much about discount, more incentive, after 5+ years of buying content as and when available, it's a bit rum that, yes the content keeps a coming, revenue must be made, I get it but regarding features S3 have done little but tread water for months, lot of promises but naff all to show. I also get that there is a raft of new content imminent but if we are all gonna wait for sales then it becomes irrelevant. The only things of interest for most appears to be on the feature side of which there is little to bugger all info, so like I said, a bit of incentive to keep me ploughing wonga into a Sim that might go DX11, might not, might get some new features but could just as well not, who knows??
    Finally Bubbles, I'm a divorcee, my skin is thicker than the new tarmac at Silverstone, never have and never will take much notice of what someone I've never met thinks about me, life's too short!
    It's Bubbles because in my world Agitators make bubbles, so not a slight in the slightest, just a term of affection or is it! :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    rF2 (Zandvoot, radical), AMS(season pass) , The Forest (VR) , NMS (constant evolution) , BeamNG (all sorts of stuff) , ATS , Human Fall Flat (muliti player , player customisation), Arm 3 , Rocket League , Resident evil 7 just to name a few !
    Not sure why bug fixes dont count as support @sbtm ! If it gets fixes that's support !

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I meant that big fixes should not be seen as something special. It should be mandatory. What we mean is adding new features over years. Making gameplay better etc. Most titles just get some fixes and minor additions that didn't make it to the official release in time, or worse they actually just try to make the game work as intented and advertised after release.

So in that case, bug splatting isn't something special.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Well most the games i mentioned have added new content for free and continuing to evolve over time .
    There are more , some of these games are my kids games but still games that have lots of hours of playtime for $30 or under .

5. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I 100% agree with this.
    On the monatization side i really enjoy the "season" model of R6S, though applying it on raceroom would mean that s3's calendar would have to be super tight.

6. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Wow...

Decide which concept you like more:

Raceroom - enhancement over years of one product. Getting more and more features, evolution of the physic engines, tracks get their updates, cars get their updates, regular updates in the store with new content and so on. You can drive it over years.

Project Cars - some little updates - some DLC which you also have to buy. After two years: Buy the next level of the game, you can throw the old one in the trashcan, because online are only ghost servers.

I prefer the first version forsome time.

But there will be the point where we need new graphics / physics a.s.o. So this can't last ten years unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    This point is now! especially with ACC on the horizon !

8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering what that was actually referring to, and Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys was my best guess. (Which I didn't take offense from either, after all it is commonly known that Bubbles is the smartest guy in the park :D ) So thanks for clearing that up.

Regarding features, I think there can never be enough. :) The problem is that not everything added will interest everyone, different people will always be waiting for different things.
    But lest we forget, over the past ~12 months they added VR and Triple Screen support, a 64bit version, warmup sessions in mp, updated driver animations for all cars, improved AI quite noticeably, gave the GT3 class a complete overhaul, expanded API data, plus an abundance of incremental improvements.

I agree tho that lately there were more changes of the incremental kind, or concerning aspects of the game only a minority of users care about (like all that competition and event stuff). But that will change again, soonish. ^^

Like I said, I have no problem with pondering possibilities regarding prices, sales and discounts. But asking for things that are just unrealistic and not common by all standards of trade isn't really fruitful from my humble pov.

Leaving aside all those non racing-related titles, I'd still say we have to take into account the differences between RR and those other titles.
    For all I know AMS is considered finished with V 1.5, so there won't be much more to come except some fixes maybe.
    And just as with rF2 I'm not sure if it's fair to compare their prices with RR, considering the amount and nature of official, licensed content they provide. In my opinion you can't compare a roster that, for the bigger part, consists of fantasy cars and little known or fantasy tracks to the content you get for your money in RR. And if you buy the latest rF2 addons you won't stay at 30 bucks for long either.

And in general we can also never ignore that what we (you) are talking about in terms of RR pricing is in reference to the early adopter, the user that buys every new item the moment it gets released and doesn't wait for sales. And if we're talking about that consumer strategy all those titles will (would have) cost you more than $30. If you're ok with waiting a few months and then buying the goty or whatever, that's totally fine, I very much do the same, but then we are again talking about two very different things.

• Like Like x 1
  9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    There will certainly be a WTCR car pack, like there is a car pack for each of the other car classes containing multiple cars.

10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    IMO such an Idea could be a great solution and something like a win-win for both sides.

It could be a quite easy solution if you take the Ammount of vRP spended by the customer and use that as reference for a loyality-Bonus. Such a Bonus could simply be a vRP-Voucher that the user could redeem or give it to a friend to invite him playing the game.
    My Suggetions would be: With every 5000vRP you spend, you get a 500vRP-voucher via Mail. And maybe every 5th-time you get 1000vRP.
    As it is an ingame-Currency it is an invitation to spend more "money" on the game. Early adopters would get those vouchers earlier as they spend more money as those waiting for Sales.

And the biggest plus in such a system could be - the transaction-history contains all the numbers of the past. So if Raceroom would be so kind, they could have a look in the Database to see, how much everybody has already spend and send the ammound of vouchers they would have gotten if such a system was applied since Day 1.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    going back to the beta testers get everything for free.....
    define free?
    for me free is something you get for nothing there is no exchange of service or money
    so lets go down this rat hole a little further
    dev: hey can you test this please
    tester: i dont have that car track combo :
    dev: its only 8 euros
    tester: fook off

so testers get the content they need to test , when you first join you may not get all the content until you prove your testing

ill add my case and i not alone ;
    ive spent over 3000 hrs just testing , killed at least one wheel through testing
    i have all content free
    i have received a coffee mug

so if we say all content is about 200 euros
    this means i have been paid the equivalent of about 0.06 cents an hour not including what i pay for pc and electricity , internet etc ...

so for me i got nothing for free; i paid for it in sarcasm, work and more sarcasm

As for loyalty for people who have everything , yep you should get a once a year extra discont , like 10% off vrp or something , just to say thanks ...

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Ha Ha Ha Ha, someone been smoking
    Blah, blah, blah, blah, stuff all that, where can I buy a RR coffee mug??? :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Say what now? I didn't, where's my mug?:openmouth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    You will probably get yours when you reach your 3000 test hours :p:D

To all the testers, you guys deserve the free content........and a mug.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Right now it feels like *I'm* the mug here. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Can i also get a mug for being a dick on the forums ?
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I hope so.;)

19. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

MotoGP 2018 looks a lot better with UE4 even if the models are basically the same. I wonder if Sector3 is thinking about something like this.

• Like Like x 1