Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Adusumilli

Adusumilli New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your prompt response.
    Unfortunately, there are no changes.
    This is what a log file meant or do I have to look for something else?

Attached Files:

2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Not these, the log directory can be opened using the folder icon from the settings window.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Adusumilli

Adusumilli New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I hope this time I am attaching correct log files related to the installation or running session of SecondMonitor.
    and also the screenshot of the log files page I have found and also the folder where the app has been installed. I hope with this we can find a solution for what could be done.
    Please find the attached files both from server and client pc

Attached Files:

4. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the throughout report, it is very much appreciated and very helpfull. :)
    I think the reason why it is bugging out is that you have the remote conntector enabled on server. That should be only enabled on client.
    Try to uncheck "Enabled Remote Connector" setting on server.

I should disable this area when broadcast server is enabled.

5. Adusumilli

Adusumilli New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your reply.
    Even after I disable the "Enabled Remote Connector) setting on the server, Unfortunately, there is no change in the timing session on the client, it still remains idle.

May I know If it is normal that " Connected Simulator" will be shown "NONE" even after starting and ending the sim Assetto Corsa?

I don't understand what else can be done to make it work with Assetto Corsa sim :(

It would be great if you can help me to resolve the issue.

6. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Nope, that shouldn't happen. You also should see just your client PC on the list of connected client.
    One think to double check is if the SecondMonitor plugin is enabled inside assetto corsa, in the plugins settings.

7. Adusumilli

Adusumilli New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, there is only one client connected to the server as shown in the picture.
    And please do have a look at the other part of the picture, showing the path of "Second Monitor" inside the Assetto Corsa and the other part showing just the plugin folder within Assetto Corsa where there is nothing about Second Monitor.

Attached Files:

8. Adusumilli

Adusumilli New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if it makes sense, I have copied all the files from the Second Monitor "plugin folder" to the Assetto Corsa plugin folder both in client and server pc but still doesn't work. I don't understand what connection am I missing to make it work.

9. Adusumilli

Adusumilli New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thank you for your support... Second Monitor now detects Assetto Corsa:grinning:.
    I have to enable the "Second Monitor" app in Assetto Corsa 'general' settings:wink:

10. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Cool, glad you managed to get it sorted :)

11. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Wrong thread :D
    Red means that he's lapping you (he has one or more laps more) .

12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Haha oops!! Thanks for that

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    From the next version the application will be able to track personal records for each track. Including overall track recod, record for the current class, and record for the current car.

SecondMonitor_2019-07-22_19-27-51.png

It will be possible to only shows records for the type of session you're in (so i.e. in race you will see only records done in race).

Clicking on records will open either (based on the record you click) list of overall records for all track, or list of all classs records for the current track, or list of all cars records for the current track. :)

• Love it! Love it! x 3
  14. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    5.7 is out.

It contains the track records mentioned previously, and also some goodies for the telemetry viewer.
    • It is now possible to load/unload all laps/or laps in a stint.
    2019-07-29_18-20-38.png
    • For R3E and Pcars 2 it is possible to see the cars power curve. Keep in mind, that this is taken from telmetry data, so if you want to see the whole curve, you need to run also at low rpm. Only full throttle datapoints are considered, ofc :)
    SecondMonitor_2019-07-27_14-04-19.png
    • A new histogram, speed in turns, is available. It shows the % of time spent at different speeds during turning (lat acc > 0.4). So you can see for which speeds should you try to maximize latteral grip.
    TelemetryViewer_2019-07-29_18-22-00.png
    As with all histogram, it is possible to shift+right click to select the bands. To see precisely on map, which section of track these bands represent.
    TelemetryViewer_2019-07-29_18-22-07.png
    • The last change is the improvement of the traction circle. It now contains the speed in turns histogram + scatterplots of speed vs lat/long acceleration. So you can see, and analyze, i.e what is your turn performance at different speed. TelemetryViewer_2019-07-29_18-29-27.png

15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Track records looks good. Does that replace the current fastest sectors box or is it in addition?

16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    It is an addition. On that screenshot the fatest sector is not visible, because none was set yet.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dijaexxl

dijaexxl New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    It would be an idea to create an overview of the best lap times per track and vehicle as a quick view?
    Like this:
    upload_2019-8-3_14-43-53.png

18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    It is already there, while in session, clicking on the track record field ( TR: .....) will get you overview of all recrods on all tracks for the current simulator.
    SecondMonitor_2019-08-03_16-08-31.png
    Clicking on CR: will get you an overview of all class records for the current track, and clicking on VR: will get you all vehicle records for the current track. :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    The next version, which should come in the next couple of days, will bring the ability to analyze wheel slip (another request by Alex Hodgkinson :) ). Slip is the ratio between the wheel speed and the car speed, with zero being no differnce in speed.
    To the usual data-track, two new scatterplots will be added, showing the relationship between wheel slip and speed, with points being colored by either brake or throttle application.
    SecondMonitor_2019-08-06_18-13-35.png
    (I love rear wheel telemetry from TCR cars :) )
    The throttle/brake thresholds before loosing traction can be nicely seen here, and it can be also usefull for TC and ABS analysis (so I was told :D ).

These values are computed, and for them to be correct, the application needs to know the diameter of the wheels. Therefor a new fields will be present in the car properties window.
    SecondMonitor_2019-08-06_18-11-14.png

And as the user has no way of knowing these values, a small "wizard" will be created which will help you to determine these values.
    SecondMonitor_2019-08-06_18-12-05.png
    Basically, you will have to drive for a while (5seconds) with either the clutch depressed, or in a higher gear (for those that don't have clutch pedal), so the car is freewheeling, and the diameter can be computed from the tyres angular speed and overall speed. :)

And one closing note, the slip values are computed during telemetry load, so having wrong wheel diameter during telemetry capture will not affect the data, and you can set or finetune the diameter during analysis, just by changing the values and reloading the telemetry files. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    v5.8 with the slip information was released earlier this week, and today v5.9 is out :)
    This version brings (finaly :D ) the ability to select datapoints on charts and track map in telemetry viewer. Datapoint selection is global, so selecting a datapoint in one view (map/charts), will make it selected in all views. So you can correlated datapoint values between various views.

Full information available here: https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/wikis/DataPoints-Selection
    :)