SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +289 / 0
    You need a screen dedicated to it for best results, although it will still collect telemetry data in the background. I have a screen mounted above my racing screen for second monitor. If you have a spare display port of any kind you should be able to hook up a screen, or if not try a usb3 to hdmi adapter, they work well for this kind of thing.

2. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    In order for me to do that i'd need a 4th display which I don't have unfortunately. I could just tab out in between a few laps during a qualifying run to check a few things since its too hard to read and drive lol.

3. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +289 / 0
    @Winzarten so I've recently been playing quite a lot of iracing....but I'm really missing second monitor app on there.....any plans to make it compatible?

4. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0
    Sadly not any time soon. I can only support the sims that I play (atleast occasionally). And with the spare time I have, and the size of my gaming backlog :D, I just cannot justify a subscription based sim.

But the project is open source, so if anyone wants to make an IRacing adapter, he is more than welcomed ;)

5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +289 / 0
    I fully understand. I have shied away from iracing due to the cost but recently jumped back in and I'm loving it. The online structure brings so much to the table....

I wouldn't have a clue how to do such a thing so hopefully someone else can step in....

6. DefaulTT34

DefaulTT34 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey @Winzarten Anything about seeing if there was a problem with the codes or something? We still can't connect idk why

7. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0
    Saldy no, it looks without problem on my local network. Sadly there is not much more I can do to assists :disappointed: