Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. viper4r3e

viper4r3e New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    There is a small typo on the "Player Laps" tab in the Report xlsx Export.
    It should be "Tyre Condition", I marked the area in the enclosed screenshot.

Attached Files:

2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Hehe :D I will fix that. ;)
    I'm also adding a new GAP collumn to the summary report using the suggested algorithm, it is working nicely :)
    And, I'm also adding a "tyres condition" chart into the report, where the tyres wear during the session can be seen.

EXCEL_2020-01-12_16-55-44.png

Also, with the reworked gap calulcation, the "gap visualization" on the Datagrid is finally starting to work as initialy intended. That is, to provide the ability of fast visualization how the racegrid is grouped and separated
    SecondMonitor_2020-01-12_16-34-02.png

I.e. in the situation above I can quickly see that I have a 4.45 seconds gap before a group of 5 cars, which then have a 8 seconds lead to the next group.

• Like Like x 1
  3. viper4r3e

viper4r3e New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have a small request:
    Can you please add an info to your GitLab Readme for "Project Cars 2", that you use additional the UDP API and that it must be enabled?
    And maybe somewhere else an info which values you use from the UDP API

Now the long story behind:
    I wondered why I sometimes get no tyre temps for inner, mid and outer tyre in SecondMonitor. In this case it shows "-1" for these temps.
    I sometimes use multiple sim tools like CrewChief, TrackIR, SimHub, RST and SecondMonitor in parallel.
    RST uses the UDP API only and the other tools using the Shared Memory API.
    pcars2 sends UDP Broadcast packets on port 5606. Now you have to know that on one Windows Client such an UDP packet on port 5606 can be processed by one program only. The info is then not available for another program.
    In my case RST wins and gets all the UDP packets and Second Monitor not.
    I didn't think it was a problem at first, because SecondMonitor uses the Shared Memory. Then I checked the Shared Memory API documentation and saw that it is not providing the 3 temps per tyre and I understood. SecondMonitor have to use the UDP API to show these temps.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  4. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I should add that. In general, I should do a better job with keeping the wiki up-to-date with the changes / new implementation.
    But hey, what developer likes to write documentation? :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Such a fantastic app for sim racing working great in R3E and PC2. I cannot however get it working in Assetto Corsa. Could someone tell me what files exactly are supposed to be installed where in AC? The read me says it installs on it's own but it's not showing up for me to enable in Assetto Corsa UI.

6. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Glad you find it usefull :)
    I've to look into the AC auto detection, because you're the second person in a short span having problem with getting it run for AC.
    Check this post on how to install it manually
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...or-timing-status-app.9587/page-19#post-193993

A small general note, the next update is delayed quite a bit. The reason is that two week ago I had to RMA my new office chair (just a day after I got rid of the old one, lucky me :D ), and I cannot really simrace on the backup one (and I don't have place for a rig in my current apartment). By law, they have to more weeks to solve it (I was really expecting it would take days, not weeks :-/ ).
    And developing the app without the ability to actually play is akin to a recovered alocoholic trying to distill some booze.... :D

7. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Excellent Winzarten will do a manual install after work. Thanks!

8. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    It worked thank you!
    May I ask is there a way to make it work with Assetto Corsa Competizione?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    I have been using secondmonitor for a short time and this application is great

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Glad it worked :)
    ACC is currently not supported, but it is in the long TODO list ;) I've had a look at it during beta but then the API was really poor. I know that they updated it to make more usefull. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten now that we have in game ranking, would it be possible to have a player's RR rating as a column? Or is it not part of the shared memory package yet?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    That's a nice idea, sadly those data are not present in the shared memory.

13. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    v6.2 is finally out

• I've disabled updating of tyre information when in pits during practice and qualification. So you will see the tyres status as they were before you returned to pits. So you can examine the temperatures and properly adjust tyre pressures from them.
    • Reworked Gap Calculations: Gap calculations are now more accurate and should fluctuate less. This should make Gap visualization more usable (enabled in options).
    • Gap Visualization: Gap visualization now shows time gap between groups. When lapping or being lapped, only drivers next to the player will have gap visualized.
    • Xlsx reports: Added gap information into the summary sheet. Added a new sheet with a chart showing tyre degradation during the session.
    • Estimated laps calculations improved: Improved the calculations algorithm of estimated remaining laps in timed sessions. There used to fluctuation in estimated laps when you were catching/fighting with the leader. This is now fixed.
    • Championships: Added various championship templates (both worldwide and regional) from GT1, GT3, GT4 and TCR series.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations on this must-have app!! Still loving it.

Just a quick bug (?) notification on the latest version: when I open the xls after a race it shows me having completed 9/10 laps and 1 lap down on the cars ahead of me even when I am only a tenth behind.

Previous version showed me completing all laps. Bug? Unintended consequence of some other change?

Other than that all brilliant as usual - keep up the good work!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  15. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    On what sim does it happen? :)
    That looks like a defect. I was finetuning the gaps calculation in AMS, because that gave me some problem, but obviously something got broken somewhere else :D

Edit: ok, it's r3e.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  16. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    in the list
    is it possible to have the national flag of each participant ?

17. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    This should be now fixed ;)

While it could be nice, this information isn't present in the shared memory. And even just addinig all 190+ flags into the app is too much of work that can be spent on more needed features :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    Track record : What is it
    TR : track record for all class ?
    CR : class record ?
    VR : xxxx record

Is it by class for all
    [​IMG]

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Yep, TR is track record for all classes, CR is the record for the current class, VR is the record for the current car (vehicle), you should get a tooltip when you hover over these number.
    You can also click these
    • TR will open an overview of all track record for the current sim
    • CR will open an overview of all class records for the current track
    • VR will open an overview of all vehicle records for the current track
    Also, by defult it is showing only the record for the current session (practive, qualification, race), this can be changed in the options. The reason is than IRL only records done during race are considered the official track record. But you might be interested in, let's say, your best qualification time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0