Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. macman6107

macman6107 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  2. Wayne Spencer

Wayne Spencer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where do I find the installer exe?

3. macman6107

macman6107 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Winzarten's Post #434 on page 22

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys for providing support ;) :)

Are you running with ghost car enabled by any chance? As the ghost car has the same name as the player, this messes up the app. This will be addressed soon (tm), once the driver name is the not the Id. ;)

I've pushed a new updated, mainly focused on PCars 2 (or one could say AMS 2 ;) )
    • Added support for brakes damage: The brakes condition is now shown as 'health bar' on whell status control, and as damage information on the dash panel. Currently only Project Cars 2 offers this data. I expect AMS 2 to have this data as well, and also ACC has brakes wear.
    • PCars 2: Causing Yellow functionality enabled for Project Cars 2
    • PCars 2: Added ability to change the UDP port the application should listen on. Use the Plugins Manager application. This is usefull if you're using i.e. simhub with UDP relay.

• Like Like x 1
  5. francis.beland

francis.beland New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot! That was the problem. It's really a great program.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I'm currently finishing the names=id refactor, and so far it looks to be working (atleast in R3E). So the single name restriction will be lifted for R3E soon. For other sim, I don't know yet, as I have to look if they provide any other identifier. But in my experience, this is a nuisance in R3E, but not in other sims. :)

I'm also extending functionality of the pitboard, that opens after each lap with the changes in gap in front/behind (if you have it enabled).

In the next version it will open in two other circumstances.
    • When your car is indentified as causing a yellow (there is a yellow flag waved and your speed is <40kph). There it will show how far behind the nearest car is. So you have another input how safe it is to rejoin. If there is no car within 500m it will be green.
    • When there is a car identified a causing yellow in front. Then there will be a board showing how far ahead the car is. So you can deduce how alert you have to be for the yellow.
    SecondMonitorDashboard.png

Also AMS 2 support should be implemented during the weekend.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I like this idea. I wonder, is it possible to make the pitboard a little bigger? And maybe move it to the other side of the screen so it covers the icons that aren't used during racing anyway? (Also, most circuits the pits are in the right so that's where the board would appear from....)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I can make the board bigger, that is no problem. I''ve also added into the options the possiblity to change to position - left/right/center vs top/bottom/center, co hopefully everybody finds a place where he likes it :)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 3
  9. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    v6.7 pushed.

This includes AMS 2 support, as AMS 2 data are equal with PCars 2 data, all the functionality that works for PCars 2 will work for AMS 2. Just be sure to enable the Shared Memory and UDP in the AMS 2 settings, both in PCars 2 format.

Also the limitation of having unique driver names has been lifted for R3E, the app will now behave correctly also with ghost car present. The limitation is still present if you would like to use the apps "custom championships" functionality.

This update also includes the pitboard changes.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

unfortunately I'm still having a hard time with your software.
    Again in a few questions:

can I change the individual components of the windows, for example in the Telemetry Viewer? So move or resize, for example if you need fewer charts, change the size of the map?

Or can I arrange the components differently in the main window?
    And another question, can I have my own rounds (all) listed / displayed during a training session in order to read the change in times?

Thanks a lot

11. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible ?

Before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

12. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that's roughly what I mean, but only swapping right and left is of no use to me.
    I mean that the individual parts are movable and adjustable in size

13. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    You can see all the laps a driver has done in a session by double-clicking the driver in the timing grid. Is this what you were looking for?

Having more customibility in the UI, especially in telemetry viewer. The ability to specify workspaces with normal data charts + histograms/scatter plot is in the back log. ;)
    It initially wasn't done so, because I had no experience with telemetry, and how it is used. Another problem is that the chart framework I use had to be hacked-on a little to work, and has terrible performance issues when i.e. resizing. I haven't found any other free charting framework that can handle that amount of data at reasonable performance.
    And all the feasable payed frameworks start around $1000 a year... ;) (https://www.arction.com/pricing/)

Right now what you can do is change the size of the charts, and select which chart you would like to have. The map can be pop-out into a seperate window.

The same for the main app, I would like it to be more customizable. Small stuff like swap the left and right side can be done fairly easily. But full customizability is right now more of an end goal, than something that I can start work on right now.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello Winzarten,

thank you. Didn't know this was so complicated. I have no idea of anything myself.
    I just wanted to know if I missed something.

I'll try the laps for the driver.

greeting
    CologneRacer

15. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that is one the things with sw development, the the easiest and most obvious things are the most time consuming to implement :D

16. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    6.7 = great update for raceroom;)

17. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    what is this ?
    thanks
    [​IMG]

18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    It will dynamically created gaps between rows if there is a bigger gap between the drivers. It is then easier to see how the field is organized into groups, and what are the gaps between them. The downside is that if the field becomes too spread out, the grid can became kinda empty. Also when lapped drivers come into play, it can became little jumpy.... still WIP. ;)

SecondMonitor_2020-01-12_16-34-02.png

• Like Like x 1
  19. Vince prude

Vince prude New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    it keeps sayin: not connected. there is only 1 ip adress on the right
    dont know what to do next,
    i dont see any connected clients

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  20. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Can you please provide some context? What are you trying to achieve? Are you trying to use the app normaly, or in remote way?