Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Kiss My Haas

Kiss My Haas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, i am trying to run this with assetto corsa. i checked to make sure port 52642 is open on my firewall and forwarded on my router. SM isnt picking up Assetto Corsa , any ideas how I can fix this? If you need more info just let me know

2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
  3. krdtms

krdtms New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    In RaceRoom when doing Competitions (lap time challenge) the app considers the first hot lap as out lap - probably because the driving doesn’t start from the pits but from the end of sector 3 - so it doesn’t record timing nor telemetry. Is there a solution for having the first hot lap recorded too?

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello

What data is used for the GAP column?

5. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Not yet, it is a bug that I need to fix. The reason for that behavior is that some sims (not r3e) are not reporting if the driver is on outlap or not. So I need to tweak this for r3e.

On the timing grid it depends on sim. For R3E it is taken for sim data, if the drivers are within a lap of each other. Otherwise it is calculated.
    For reports it is always calculated.

Also, I've pushed a new version
    • Position shown on Map: Position of each driver on map will now respect the "multiclass display mode" from options. Showing either position within class, or position overall.
    • Dynamic drivers size on Map: The drivers size on the map will change based on importance
      • Drivers in pits will be 50% of size when stationary, or 80% of size when moving
      • Drivers lap behind, or not on valid lap in pracite and qualification will be 90% of size
      • Drivers causing yellow flag will be 120% size
    • Dark Purple Secotrs added: Added a dark purple color, in both map, and timing grid. This color is used in mutliclass races to mark lap/sector that was fastest in that class, but not fastest overall.
    • Fix: Yellow flag in 3rd sector will not illuminate the whole map.
    • R3E Fix: Wheel rotation being doubled fixed.
    It also includes lots of refactoring under the hood (i.e. the map display was totally rewritten) to offer better UI modulary. In the next version I should be able to provide atleast some rudimentary way (file editing) to modify the color scheme.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Currently I have 3 screens connected via Surround. 7800x1440 bezel corrected res.
    Is it possible to add a 4th screen without disabling surround?
    I would like to run this SecondMonitor app on that 4th screen.

7. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    4th screen on hdmi

• Like Like x 1
  8. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Great app, many thanks for the awesome work! :)

Not sure if it's related to the recent SM update but the races I have competed in today (singleplayer) are not counting in the SM Ratings system. Yesterday, prior to the update, it was working fine. There are no numbers being populated in the 'Rating' column on the timing screen either (which there were yesterday).

9. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Could you please provide the log, because this is weird.

edit: Ok, I've found an issue. If the rating file gets corrupted, somehow, that the rating will not be able to recover. I will push a update shortly that will reset the rating in such cases. It might resotre to rating functionality, at the loss of all previous ratings.
    If it is really a corrupted file, then check My Document\SecondMonitor\Rating
    there should be up to 10 backup rating files.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  11. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    So I've just done another rated race but again, it's not showing up on the timing screen or my Rating. I've attached the log as requested as well as a couple of screenshots. Thank you. :)

Attached Files:

12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the logs, I think I know what is going on, and it is cause by some funny r3e behavior, which I've not anticipated, and never observed on my machine. I will try to fix that today. :) Basically it looks like, that the race session started some 15 seconds before the AI drivers joined in. The AI rating is computed at session start, and that is why none of them have no rating...they werent there at session start :D

But I've noticed is that the in-app screenshot looks a little weird, like no track name, session type...etc. Does it normaly look this way?

13. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Thanks for the info. The screenshot from my previous post was captured at the race end; on the 'cool-down' lap. I'd crossed the finish line and the car was automatically making its way around the track to the pits. I Alt-TAB'ed out of R3E and into SM and took the screenshot.

The screenshot attached below was take on lap one of a race just now (I just parked up and Alt-TAB'ed out as before). There's track name etc in it.

I don't actually run SM on a second monitor (at least, not yet) it's just running in the background on my PC.

Hope that helps?

Attached Files:

14. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    I never used the rating
    this is what i see on my screen
    if it can help
    [​IMG]

15. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    in raceroom
    [​IMG]

16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    @the_greeze
    I've pushed a new updated, that should, hopefully, fix the issue. If not, then please upload a new log file ;)

@Hervé45
    I use TimeDeltaFront/TimeDeltaBehind that are present in the R3E shared memory. I don't know what simhub uses. But the number I get in app should be the same, as on the old overhead gap panel present in R3E ui.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    A crash on raceroom after the last update

Attached Files:

• log.rar
      File size:
      271.9 KB
      Views:
  18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Weird, there is nothing in the log showing a crash. Only that R3E disconnected :-/
    Anyway, I've roll back some of the changes from the previous patch, and made the remaining code more robust, hopefully it will help.

• Like Like x 1
  19. steven white

steven white New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Only tried it with rf2 it’s great much appreciated the work gone into this, any plans on acc support soon

20. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to let you know that the Ratings system is working again after the update! Thank you :)

• Love it! Love it! x 1