Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Orz

Orz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    C
    Can’t wait for this to go live

2. Gergo Baldi

Gergo Baldi Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Where can I find these log files?

3. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    The plan was yesterday, but there are still some little buggy annoyances, so hopefuly today :)
    But, I've also managed to fix the R3E Hotlap bug.

There is a button in the settings, that will open the log directory. Use the path there also for the "server" computer :)
    SecondMonitor_2020-04-24_09-57-32.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gergo Baldi

Gergo Baldi Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

5. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    From the logs it looks like that you either don't have this checkbox checked (on the client),as the application is not trying to actively connect to the remote server.
    ManagePlugins_2020-04-24_10-38-14.png

6. Gergo Baldi

Gergo Baldi Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    These're the settings from the client side :(

[​IMG]

7. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so then most propably something is preventing the client to create a network endpoint. I've added some more logging into that area, so hopefully if a new version will be out today, we will be smarter about what is going on.

8. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    hi,
    so as I'm improving a bit I'm trying the championships module for the first time, I've created one from the ADAC GT masters 2018 template, but seems i can't past first event, i don't see any session completion after crossing the finish line.
    I've tried multiple times with this same champ, last attempt being starting a Q5'/R5' (starting around 14:00 time stamp in the log).
    I can't get what I'm doing wrong, before quali I click the blue cup championship icon to confirm the championship, the cup icon goes green and stays greens up to the end of quali where it goes back to grey for the race.
    I've also tried to start same race without quali but the cup icon stays grey, like it doesn't recognize i'm trying to do this championship...also in the all championships list window my champ is now green, so labeled as started, but stuck at race 1.
    I have no clue what's going on, tried following wiki my best, I've attached the log to see if you can help

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      5.5 MB
      Views:
  9. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    If the icon turns grey after qualification, then there is something weird going on, I will have look. Also by the quick look in the log it looks like so. It just doesn't resume the championship for the race, for some reason.
    Thanks for the report ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Can you please try this build? https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjZ7Py7hwgdrgeRJ8_061mNh193dfw?e=aLAPkk
    You can install it over the existing installation, it will upgrade as a regular update would.
    Just load straight into the race, if the icon turns blue, it should be fixed, if not, please let me know with another log file. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    no luck, no blue ;)
    even tried on a second champ that seems to had a better start at the look at the required ingame setting for the race
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      5.8 MB
      Views:
  12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Yea, the first one looks corrupted, -1 opponents.
    The second one, you didn't have unique drivers. While the app can work with non-unique drivers, the championship require unique names, as there is no id that is the same between sessions.
    Try to start a new championships with few opponents if see if that works please.

13. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    6.10 with ACC support is out :)
    But with few notes
    • ACC Broadcast: ACC needs to be set-up to enable UDP broadcasting: preliminary steps in, https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/accdirector-v1-0-0-broadcast-client.57202/
    • Track Unknown Sometimes (very rarely) ACC doesn't send proper track info at session start. If you see an "unknown" track, start the session, the correct data should come eventually.
    • ACC does not provide tyre wear in shared data.
    • ACC does not provide real-time sector times in shared data, only after lap is completed. So the app uses its own sectors and sectors timing. Might be adapted in the future, but no promises.
    • ACC only offers one tyre temperature - core, so all tyres temperatures are core.
    • ACC does not provide sectors with yellow flags.
    • Ratings and Custom Championships support will be added in the near future.
    also, if you're playing SP, and don't like that the sim is using name of the real driver, you're replacing, check the manage plugins app, there you can override this, to use a custom name ;)

https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/-/wikis/Plugins-Configuration

It also contains few more logging in the championship area ;)

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  14. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Thank you.
    What are the next developments to come?

15. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    yeah that was it, worked with 15 opponents, almost, hehe, now was able the finish first race, was able to see little popup window saying click here to see result of championship but SM crashed before i even reach the mouse. When i restarted SM champ is now at round 2 (with the strange feature of being 11th in the results of round 1 and 14th in overall standing).
    Also i spotted where opponents -1 came from, I did click the blue icon as soon as it appeared blue, but once the session is loaded I have first to go through the intro menus up to the in-pit menu, so that the time table is populated in SM before confirming the championship with the blue icon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Cool, from the log I see what the problem is now, and that should be easy fixable :)
    Also, if you see that pop-up, that event is completed successfully and data are updated.

Ok, so while I handle situations with equal points, by looking at finishing positions, for some reason I only look on finishing positions withing top 10... don't ask me why :D I will also fix that ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Really nice app :)
    Also starting to use back rating now after months of AAI.;)
    Might even use telemetry at some point if I can make it to some top10s in coming years
    I won't :p

Oh btw speaking of ratings, I get what SR n CR are but can't get what DR is?

18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad people are liking it ;)
    Ok, the crashing and standings bugs should be fixed now :)
    DR is difficulty rating. At first difficulty was determined from class rating, but I have found out that changing difficulty when you dnf, or just restart the session (which affect class rating) does not work very well. So a new rating had to be created, which is only updated if you complete the session. ;)

Allowing, at least some, UI customization should be next bigger topic.
    From smaller things I would like to make the Pit Stop column more clear and simple, especially for races with pit window.
    And I would also like the fuel calculator to open automatically before race start, prefilled with the session length, so you don't have to alt+tab, enter the number...etc. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Salut
    Sur raceroom sur Bilster Berg
    hotlap non enregistré dans le classement
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Yep, no more crashes.
    Nice! really helps with my frustration to not being able to go try racing with fellow humans now that I'm kinda consistent, and Raceroom really provide good AI battle it seems. I was always in the mid field with AAI, but now by using suggested AI level you provide I've just felt the pressure of the front field ;)

Is there's a way to know the largest grid I can set in Raceroom without producing doublons ?