Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    secondmonitor did not record my best time in the last lap of a 5 lap race
    [​IMG]

2. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    the last lap is not saved
    [​IMG]

3. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    The last lap not being recognized by the timing should be fixed in the next updated. But most likely, it will not be shown in the reports, for the time being.

The reason is that sim data can be quite messy and inconsistent around the time you cross the line. Like, in ACC I've experienced the driver being marked as "Finished", but the lap count not being updated yet, resulting in the player being seen as "lap down" by the app (it can be seen on the timing grid also, as other drivers being marked as red for a second). And as that is the time reports are created, it affects the reports accuracy in more significant way, than losing one lap record.
    And trying to apply some kind of sanity filtering is a freaking tedious job. ;)

But, the next updated should bring Avg Lap time and Avg Speed to reports ;) EXCEL_2020-05-06_09-58-48.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Nice, thank you! :)

5. roller.inside

roller.inside New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello

I have made several RaceRoom Challenges and, when I set my best time, that lap is not saved, but other laps are saved during the challenge sessions.

Congratulations for the tool, it's great.

6. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I will have a look, maybe r3e is doing something special to verify the time.

7. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Nope :D problem at my side.
    Hopefully it is now fixed ;)

8. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    it's very useful
    thank you:)
    • Fuel Calculator: The application now stores fuel consumption per sessions. Up to 20 previous sessions are stored for each car/track combination. The history for the current combination is available in the fuel calculator.
    • Fuel Calculator: Fuel calculator now contains a "Total (Dry)" entry, which is an aggregated consumption from all recorded dry sessions for the car/track combination.
    • Fuel Calculator: Fuel calculator will now autoopen during pre-race. Will autoclose on green light.
    • Fuel Calculator: For simulators that provide correct session length before start (R3E, ACC, PCars2, AMS2), the fuel planner will be prefiled with session length + 2 contingency laps.

9. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    ???
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Hi???
    Could you please describe the problem in a full sentence, thanks ;)

11. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello

my english is very bad and this problem happened only once
    we give up
    the lines with 5.47 and 4.67 felt lonely:)

12. roller.inside

roller.inside New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello

With the newest version, now the challenge times are properly saved in telemetry and etc.

On the other side, I made a race and, as you can see in the race report, as soon as I cross the finish line in the lap 26, it stop registering the laptimes of me and all others behind me (I'm the guy with red marked times, P4)

Attached Files:

13. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    That's the gap visualization. The 5.47 and 4.67 is the gap between no14/15 resp 16/17. ;)

Currently the reports are created when you cross the line, because that is the last time I can be 100% sure that the data are correct. While online the session continues normally, in SP things get messy and each sim handles it differently. In R3E the session is practically over (all drivers are reported as finished), and some go straight to pits.

So while more data is possible in some cases, it has to be tailored to individual sims, which is something I tend to avoid, as it is difficult to mantain. ;)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  14. roller.inside

roller.inside New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OOOOOOOk, I can live without knowing my time of the last lap :D

but I could not live without your app. Thanks a lot for your awesome work.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
  15. roller.inside

roller.inside New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi

The best sectors doesn't match with the real best sectors.

Attached a capture where it can be seen.

Also, another question... would it be possible to "save" a telemetry session? sometimes I "build" a comparison of several laps that belong to different sessions, I would like to save that so I can open it later without having to load lap by lap.

Attached Files:

16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's a bug, I will fix that ;)

For the other question, not currently in the app. You might try to play manually with the files in Documents\SecondMonitor\Telemetry. Create a copy of a session and manually replace the files in them. Tbh I have no idea how the app will react, but in might work. :D In the next version I will enable multiselection on the "add lap" button, so you could add all laps at once. :)

17. roller.inside

roller.inside New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yeah, in fact I was thinking about building a session myself with a notepad :D
    I will let you know if it works.

thanks a lot for the hard work... and I have to say this tool helped me ear few tenths here and there. So thaaaanks and thanks again

18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad that it is useful ;)

Improving the telemetry viewer is my next bigger task, after the ability to customize the UI layout is finished (hopefuly the next version).

I have few things planned for it, like better telemetry files management, the ability to use customized workspaces, or the ability to capture atleast basic telemetry from non-players cars (at minimum it should be possible to compare lines, speeds and times). :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    New version, 6.13, is out. Not many functionall changes, but important change "under the hood" in telemetry viewer. I've finally found a charting package that is performant without too many quirks and annoyances. So the telemetry viewer now uses that. Gone should be the blinking/freezes when scrolling and initializing charts. Pan&Zoom performance should be similar. :)

So, there should be now no technical obstacles to having better organization on the UI, as having multiple tabs with different charts, organized in topics, as in standard in other telemetry applications ;)

It is now also possible to select the distance by clicking into a chart ;)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    I use this dash on simhub/android
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I would like to add this yellow flag information provided by secondmonitor on my dash
    will you share the code allowing to display the same information on my dash

sorry for my bad English
    I tried different solutions but it doesn't work
    Thanks